Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (737 Views)
Posted by: tread (IP Logged)
Date: March 29, 2003 08:45PM

Chris, I see where you are coming from also, but I think Baffert is right on the money where he asks for uniformity. It's quite apparent that he was using the same meds he always has been for this horse and then suddenly hit a state where he had to change his methods and it didn't work out quite right because he wasn't used to working like that.

To respond to Vegas, I think the fine represents the actual effect that the test results and the medication invovled reflect. If it were cocaine or something like that, it would be a much bigger deal. It's kind of like getting a speeding ticket for going 65 in Pennsylvania where the speed limit is only 55. I can go 65 in Ohio, so what makes Penn so special? Same concept here.

I too wonder what trainers are getting away with that isn't tested yet, but Baffert's call for uniformity among tested drugs is right on. Unlike that idiot Andrew Beyer's column a couple weeks ago about wanting uniformity in payoff prices at tracks, suggesting that everything be based on $2 bets (even exotics). Hello! Payoffs should be posted on the minimum allowable wager. If you happened to wager a multiple of that minimum, do the math yourself. Sorry, I am still amazed at the stupidity shown in that column and had to get it off my chest.

Subject Written By Posted
Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (1321 Views) derby1592 03/29/2003 12:52AM
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (745 Views) tread 03/29/2003 08:55AM
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (701 Views) derby1592 03/29/2003 01:34PM
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (747 Views) LasVegasHorseplayer 03/29/2003 05:13PM
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (737 Views) tread 03/29/2003 08:45PM
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (679 Views) Michael D. 03/30/2003 09:59AM
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (745 Views) LasVegasHorseplayer 03/30/2003 03:09PM
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (734 Views) tread 03/30/2003 05:48PM
Re: Just Say No - On the Derby Trail (661 Views) Michael D. 03/30/2003 06:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.