Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
ROTW (672 Views)
Posted by: derby1592 (IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2003 12:20AM

The ROTW really looks like a classic condition play to me. For all the reasons in my previous post regarding MWC I think he has a good chance to jump to a winning level.

All the faster favorites have questionable lines and/or are very likely to lose significant ground:

- Kafwain: Much the fastest but could be EOL and is likely to lose ground.

- Buddy Gil: Could react to paired big jump (although the Mullins factor is in play)

- Domestic Dispute: Has a nice line but he is likely to lose a lot of ground (see my previous post)

- ATS: Looks to have been rushed to the Derby. May have another good race left in him but he also may be ready to X. The running style will also play against him at SA as he is likely to lose ground and/or have traffic problems.

- Logician: Could react to big jump in last.

Other than MWC, only Ocean Terrace has a strong line going in and he is slightly slower than MWC and much less explosive IMO (for the reasons I brought up in the other post).

So I think MWC is the obvious key at anything near the morning line (and with the hype around ATS and the Baffert Factor with Kafwain and DD and the recent victories for OT and BG, 10/1 is not out of the question for MWC). One of the other faster horses is likely to run back to its top but as long as it is not Kafwain then MWC can win this with a good trip and a 3-4 point jump. I seldom play a horse to make that sort of a move but I very seldom find one that is as likely to jump as this one.

As for the Derby - All the Drysdale final-Derby-prep-jumpers regressed after their jumps(FuPeg only slightly) so I don't see MWC as the Derby winner even if he runs big on Saturday. I agree with TGJB that DD looks like the best Derby prospect in here assuming he moves forward, which he could do and still lose on Saturday due to ground loss. Since I already have a future book play on him, I would like to see him head into the Derby off a good effort because Empire Maker is going to be tough be beat on the first Saturday in May.

Good luck to everyone.

Chris

Subject Written By Posted
KAFWAIN (1270 Views) OPM 04/03/2003 11:14PM
ROTW (672 Views) derby1592 04/04/2003 12:20AM
Re: ROTW (703 Views) RICH 04/04/2003 08:48AM
Re: ROTW (740 Views) HP 04/04/2003 09:18AM
Re: ROTW (833 Views) HP 04/04/2003 10:23AM
Re: ROTW (763 Views) Mall 04/05/2003 10:32AM
Re: ROTW (821 Views) asfufh 04/05/2003 11:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.