Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Is Empire Maker ‘bounce proof’ or a Hansel-Help Mr. Brown (676 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: April 22, 2003 02:03PM

No horse is "bounce-proof". I read that post on the other board, and two comments- first, Ragozin's figures on EM are wrong, he has the FD a little too slow, and the Wood too fast (again). There are significant differences on other horses as well, and I have a feeling we'll be getting into these as time goes on. Second, the poster wasn't saying that a horse that hadn't gone back couldn't bounce-- my read was he meant just that it was less likely than it would be for a horse that had already established a level that stressed him.

These questions are price sensitive-- there are no absolutes. I'll save my analysis on EM and the others until the on-line seminar next week, but we'll be posting the Derby contenders for sale later today, and others might want to weigh in.

But here's an opinion for you-- win or lose with EM, making bets with money that's important to you on short priced favorites in very big fields isn't a good idea in general.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Is Empire Maker ‘bounce proof’ or a Hansel-Help Mr. Brown (1176 Views) Know Nothing 04/22/2003 11:28AM
Re: Is Empire Maker ‘bounce proof’ or a Hansel-Help Mr. Brown (676 Views) TGJB 04/22/2003 02:03PM
Bouncing Bagels (569 Views) Tabitha 04/22/2003 08:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.