Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
My ban is over. So my Derby thoughts and apology (1102 Views)
Posted by: Silver Charm (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2003 03:00PM

I want to lead this post with an apology. For the last two weeks I have been banned from this Board for unwarranted and unnecessary insults aimed at fellow handicappers who use a rival product. What was originally a lifetime ban was reduced to two weeks when during my arbitration hearing I argued that the nice things I said about Thorograph were factual and the bad things I said about the flawed Ragozin figure making methodology were also factual. The arbitrator agreed and reduced my ban to two weeks but only with the stipulation that I issue a public apology. Fellow handicappers, I’m sorry.

Now lets talk Derby. One of the things I have noticed from reading a lot of the posts on both Boards was a lot of talk about pattern reads, number power, condition plays, bounce theories, etc. All that’s good stuff but hey guys who is going to the lead, who is going to receive the perfect stalking trip, will there be enough early speed for the out of the clouds closers to win. Nobody is bringing it up and if you don’t think it is going to be a factor then you have already forgotten what went on the last two years.

Anybody think they would see a Derby with internals such as 44 and 1:08. So what happens the very next year people are so concerned about not getting into a speed dual that no one goes and War Emblem goes thru uncontested fractions and cruises. Trainers and jockeys alike do choke in this race. The Derby is filled with this type of stuff.

Here’s how I see it.

Pace players-Brancusi, Eye of the Tiger, Funny Cide, Indian Express, New York Hero, Peace Rules, Scrimshaw. Thats seven horses all wanting the same spot. I am going to project that Frankel will send Peace Rules, its worked the last two races, and Baffert will send Indian Express. Could get interesting real early.

Next Layer-Buddy Gil, Empire Maker, Kafwain, Offlee Wild, Ten Most Wanted.

Coming from way back- ATSWITA, Lone Star Sky, Sir Cherokee, Supah Blitz.

Also one of the ways to handicap this race is to throw out the horses who can’t win. You will come up with about five or six left and you need to go from there. Picking THE ONE just is not that easy. The pros will tell that.

Having said that I think I have zeroed in on one I like a little more than the some of the others who also have a chance. He has real good number power, a suitable style and is training very well. The only clue I will give is his jockeys name has six letters in it.

Remember the Derby is only one race in a week filled with great racing. Also remember there is a lot of "free advice or analysis" floating around Derby week and there is a reason why its free, because it usually is worthless. Hopefully for my wallets sake that doesn’t include this post.

Good Luck everybody see you in about 10 days.

Subject Written By Posted
My ban is over. So my Derby thoughts and apology (1102 Views) Silver Charm 04/24/2003 03:00PM
Re: My ban is over. So my Derby thoughts and apology (697 Views) TGJB 04/24/2003 03:28PM
Re: My ban is over. So my Derby thoughts and apology (624 Views) JAKE 04/24/2003 03:52PM
Re: My ban is over. So my Derby thoughts and apology (706 Views) reboundman 04/24/2003 05:56PM
Re: My ban is over. So my Derby thoughts and apology (694 Views) Michael D. 04/24/2003 08:28PM
Re: My ban is over. So my Derby thoughts and apology (717 Views) Michael D. 04/24/2003 08:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.