Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Lets see if it happens (691 Views)
Posted by: Tabitha (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2003 09:47AM

I'm not sure its EPO. Heck how would I know, the State pari mutual divisions can't isolate an issue...lol But I've believed its blood packing in some form and if I understand EPO correctly it pertains to blood packing. The sources say EPO can be dangerous to T-breds and that they can drop dead from it. (But maybe thats said to dissuade use kinda like the Pentagon saying if an Iraqi soldier follows orders and fires gas at our troops he will be prosecuted for war crimes) Haven't seen top Stakes horses just dropping dead in the Frankel or Lukas barn to fire EPO suspicions.

Use to be a very successful trainer at Hallandale named Frank Passero. He would come down from Canada with his own horses claim others and they would all run like Grade I winners. He led the meet in wins a year or two. They caught one of his grooms rubbing pepper vasoline into his horses genitals. I don't know why the horse would tolerate that all the way to the starting gate and then run like a deer fly was biting him but since that revelation Mr. Passero has not gotten close to his previous success at Hallandale. I guess I point this little anecdote out to demonstrate when money is at stake people become clever in chasing it. Maybe it is EPO, maybe it isn't.

Tabi

Post Edited (04-30-03 09:59)

Subject Written By Posted
Some progress on the drug front (1205 Views) derby1592 04/29/2003 11:08PM
Re: Some progress on the drug front (748 Views) bdhsheets 04/29/2003 11:28PM
Lets see if it happens (691 Views) Tabitha 04/30/2003 09:47AM
Re: Lets see if it happens (749 Views) alm 04/30/2003 11:25AM
Re: Some progress on the drug front (723 Views) Phalaris 04/30/2003 02:37PM
Re: Some progress on the drug front (681 Views) alm 04/30/2003 02:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.