Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
The Fix is in? (872 Views)
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2003 08:17PM

I just accessed TSNhorse.com and read the following story:

Barclay Tagg, trainer of Funny Cide, dismissed the entire incident as "absurd."

"Terry Meyocks (NYRA president and COO) has blown the picture up," Tagg said. "It is clear as day. You can see right through his whole hand. You can see the colors and horse's ear. I don't know what they are talking about. They're nuts.

"The (Kentucky) stewards called (trainer Bobby) Frankel and said he better run his horse (Empire Maker [Unbridled]) because something is going on," Tagg added. "I don't know why anyone would make those kind of statements before they blow the picture up to investigate. It doesn't make sense. I don't understand it." ...

...I talked to Bobby Frankel this morning and he told me in light of the events that he was probably going to bring Empire Maker," said Lou Raffetto, COO of the Maryland Jockey Club. "He's a potential Triple Crown candidate. We have two horses who are Triple Crown candidates."

Unquote: I copied, pasted and increased by 100% the image. Tagg is correct. All that one can see is the aqua of Empire Makers Silks and the Brown of his ear between Santo's fingers. Santo's hand looks weird and he may have arthritis, but the blow up picture removes all doubt in my mind. Theres no device. If Funny loses this race by steward action I will never bet churchill again.

CtC

Post Edited (05-10-03 20:18)

Subject Written By Posted
The Fix is in? (872 Views) Anonymous User 05/10/2003 08:17PM
Re: The Fix is in? (601 Views) LasVegasHorseplayer 05/11/2003 01:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.