Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Back, Briefly (649 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: May 19, 2003 02:33PM

Sorry you feel that way, and we don't push the analysis-- we feel it is much better to learn how to use the data yourself.

As I said after last year's Derby-- we do the analysis under the assumption that the ones who use that product are less sophisticated players, who bet less. Our handicappers are therefore told to give out plays with a small number of combinations, so the small player can cover them. This is not necessarily going to be the same play that you or I would make given a larger bankroll, or when we see the odds.

I bet about $500 on the race, less than 20% of what I bet on the Derby. Midway Road went off much longer than I thought he would, since both Friedman and myself were pushing him. I ended up having him on 90% of my tickets, but for the most part my play was very similar to the one I gave out. The differences were 1) since MR was a big price, most of my play was that part of the bet, and I protected big under PR, and smaller under the live longshots, 2) I only had a small amount on a tri and super part wheel with PR on top of the other "longshots" I liked, since they weren't going off long, and 3) I played a $10 exacta under FC to get my money back, because he was absolutely the only other horse who could beat MR if that one ran, and the exacta was paying about twice what I thought it would when I did the analysis (more than that with 20 minutes to post, when I bet).

Having said all that, I will also say this-- for what it is, our analysis is good value, and is better than anyone else is offering, and I believe could offer. It probably doesn't beat the takeout, but it does well, and you won't be getting picks like the $123 horse Alan put up Friday too many other places.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Back, Briefly (1067 Views) TGJB 05/18/2003 05:41PM
Re: Back, Briefly (701 Views) thomas 05/18/2003 10:52PM
Re: Back, Briefly (688 Views) alm 05/19/2003 01:29PM
Re: Back, Briefly (649 Views) TGJB 05/19/2003 02:33PM
Re: Back, Briefly (706 Views) alm 05/19/2003 03:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.