Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Silence (1140 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: June 04, 2003 05:40PM

I posted this in responce to Alydar's 3,540th post on the Ragozin board taking a shot at me, and accusing me of ducking him, and it was deleted. So here it is, with minor editing.

Anyone who wants to know why Alydar was banned from this board need only look at what has happened on the Ragozin site over the last few months. On this site I had three choices--

1- respond to everything, which means a real lot (in his recent post on the Ragozin board he mentions that he sent me the first 3 of "124 questions"), and took up a lot of my time when I tried to do it here, since he appears to spend his whole day in front of a computer screen, and feels I am obligated to answer him whenever he wants, on any subject, and continue the conversation for as long as he wants, even if it means staying in the office all night,

2- let his endless stuff stand without rebuttal, which would make it appear I did not have an answer (which the Ragozin crew seeks to accomplish by taking down this and other responses to his comments and those of others on their board, while letting the comments stand), or

3- ban him. I chose this one.

When he started posting on the Ragozin board I didn't have the third option, so I had Hobson's choice. The situation was made worse in that he was known to use our data, so his appearing to switch (as far as I know he did not) gave the appearance of a judgement on the relative merits of the two products. It was not, it was personal-- so I set out to establish this and it required answering his posts to do so, which took an awful long time (and a lot of mine), and made us both look bad, and turned Ragozin's site into the dump this site would have become if I had let that stuff continue here. I pointed out several times along the way to both Friedman and Jake that if they deleted the attacks I would have no reason to protect my interests, but they didn't do so, leaving their site a real mess.

Anyway, they have now decided to go to a similar policy to the one we have here, and I am surprised it took so long. It will be interesting to see whether Alydar and others will continue to be allowed to lob grenades now that there will be no response available-- and it is important to note that no one has ever been deleted or banned on this site for JUST raising figure related or Ragozin/TG issues, no matter how contentious, and Alydar knows it. I have encouraged Friedman to post responses to me on our site many times (and have about as much chance of that happening as I do of him accepting one of my challenges to a handicapping contest), and also would point out that hundreds of times as many posts have been deleted on the other board as on this one.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Re: Silence (1140 Views) TGJB 06/04/2003 05:40PM
Re: Silence (678 Views) Marc At 06/05/2003 10:37AM
Re: Silence (705 Views) TGJB 06/05/2003 01:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.