Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Strike that Notion (1213 Views)
Posted by: Silver Charm (IP Logged)
Date: October 02, 2003 04:01PM

I thought Great Notion would have been a good sleeper play in the Breeders Cup Sprint, but then I looked at tomorrows entries at Keeneland and there his name was, tackling older horses like Beaus Town among others. If he were to run in the Sprint it would be back on three weeks rest after a cross country ship, not for me.

This horse seemed like he could be the speed of the speed, if you saw his race in the King Bishop you know what I mean. One thing that is missing this year in the Sprint is the super fast filly like we have seen in the past. At least ten of the Cup Sprints have had the following five fillies run twice each: Pine Tree Lane, Very Subtle, Safely Kept, Meafara and Xtra Heat. What’s the significance?

They could all out break the colts and get to the top first.

Don’t see it this year so this would have been a great spot for Great Notion but not if he runs tomorrow. An interesting side note to this horse is he was the topic of a post on this Board: “No Works No Problem” last November. Seems when he made his first career start at CD he ran with no published works, won and paid $40.00.

I see where Bob Baffert is touting Congaree for the Classic so with him out of the Sprint this race is wide open.

Subject Written By Posted
Strike that Notion (1213 Views) Silver Charm 10/02/2003 04:01PM
Re: Strike that Notion (562 Views) bdhsheets 10/02/2003 10:29PM
Re: Strike that Notion (646 Views) jbelfior 10/03/2003 11:08AM
Re: Strike that Notion (591 Views) Silver Charm 10/03/2003 11:18AM
Re: Strike that Notion (688 Views) 10/03/2003 08:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.