Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
My Bets. (851 Views)
Posted by: (IP Logged)
Date: October 27, 2003 08:24AM

TGJB,

This was my betting for the day. I know you will not believe any of it because it's after post, but all the bets were made via my OTB account. I have inquired with OTB about getting records of all my bets via that account for as far back as they have them stored. It doesn't cover everything I do, but there's enough profits and a high enough ROI in there to demonstrate what I have been claiming.

Distaff – Passed the race. I thought Sightseek looked like solid and deserving short priced favorite.

Juvenile Fillies - I thought Halfbridled was over bet and vulnerable from the extreme outside post.I also didn’t like Forest Music at all for a variety of reasons. I thought FM could compromise whoever pressed her. I bet 1 unit on Class Above and 1 unit on Society Selection who I thought could get get good trips, weren't that far off the favorite in ability and were improving .

–2 units

Mile – I thought the price on Peace Rules was a underlay considering he hadn't been on the turf in a long time, had never run against the best turfers, might face pressure, and wasn't even 100% certain for the race coming in. I thought the Shadwell and Atto Miles were stronger races than most thought. I bet 1 unit on each of TouchoftheBlues, Soaring Free and Perfect Soul.

–3 units

Sprint – I thought Aldebaron was vulnerable at 6. I thought Shake You Down’s last race was not as strong as on the sheets and he was generally overrated this year because some of his figures were earned under ideal circumstances. I thought both were over bet contenders. I played 1 unit on Valid Video because I thought he could sit the perfect trip and I played 1 unit on Cajun Beat off the 113 Beyer (which I thought was a legitimately strong race).

+21.8 units.

FM Turf – Passed the race. I thought Islington was a deserving favorite. I had no other special insights.

Juvenile – Passed the race. I thought Cuvee was very vulnerable from the outside post, two turns etc, but did not bet. I could have made a case for a bet on Tiger Hunt, but I did not pull the trigger. I should have bet and lost one unit, but I think was still emotional over the sprint win.

Turf – Passed the race. I thought it was wide open and had no special insight.

Classic - I thought the betting was idiotic. Funny Cide, Ten Most wanted and to a lesser extent Congaree were all over bet. Congaree has never run really well at 10F except under ideal circumstances (like a biased track or against weak horses) - which I’ve been saying all week he would not get in the Classic with MDO in the race. Funny Cide was not prepared properly. Ten Most Wanted's Travers was overrated (as I've been saying all along) and his last was good, but nothing special. He was an overbet contender.

I bet one unit on Perfect Drift. –1 unit.

Total bet 8 units. +15.8

Subject Written By Posted
My Bets. (851 Views) 10/27/2003 08:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.