Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
BC in Coal Cracker Country (1297 Views)
Posted by: brokerstip (IP Logged)
Date: October 28, 2003 01:09AM

In golf the saying goes,
"They don't ask how...just how many."
Racing is similiar.
A lot of great ballstrikers can't score and a lot of great handicappers can't cash.

There I was SAT...Carbondale Pa.....me with my TG's surrounded by Raggie players.
No one bright enough to toss Sightseek (pass race for me) but I did lead an OTB chorus of "Let's Toss Frankel" post race. This chorus was repeated with each failure.

One friend keys Cajun in sprint...has a corornary when he hits the lead and is redfaced and shaking like the Exorcist as he hits wire. Then he screams, "Where are all the other horses who are supposed to run" as bleepin Blues tags the 2nd slot.
No win money and no cash.....Ouch!
Last I saw him he was muttering something about Hari-Kari in the first at Charlestown...lol

The wily veteran of the group was pulling his hair out until the Turf Classic. Apparently Lenny had said HC was best in his opinion. So he hooked up HC with Tinman, Johar and Flabrav in the tri and super. (I did read him the favorable JB comments on both those price horses) Result: a multiple hit and a 5 figure cash!! Hot Wings on the house!!

the moral of the story is that brilliant handicapping (and I know many folk who are extremely knowledgeable about all facets of the game)alone doesn't cut it.
One needs to be able fashion a betting strategy ......
We all know that and I am not trying to be a MOTO (master of the obvious)

I would be interested in hearing a few betting concepts and betting approaches to different types of situations:
i.e false favorite
pick 3, 4 and 6 strategies
place betting versus the exacta as a place bet

etc. etc.

Or just general betting concepts. Think we might be able to give each other some insights and ideas.

Regards
Tip

I was a BC loser myself and minimized the damage via the early BEL card (Goldberg and K MC.) plus the late three SA races (Norman Cole take a bow).

Subject Written By Posted
BC in Coal Cracker Country (1297 Views) brokerstip 10/28/2003 01:09AM
Re: BC in Coal Cracker Country (631 Views) Mall 10/30/2003 09:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.