Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Jake and Ruffian (850 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: January 06, 2004 01:23PM

Jake-- it's a fair guess that more of the top 50 trainers use the DRF than Rags, so by your logic it is more valuable-- but I suspect you would answer that the reason they all use the Form is that it's cheap, which is my answer to why these guys use your data. Try and charge what I do and see how many are left.

Beyond that, I can think of several clients of yours, some of whom were on that list, who had another edge besides data-- it might be interesting to post all the sheets of their horses before they got them and after to see whether the numbers improved. Of course, all of those horses might just have been faster than I had them all along.

Ruffian Fan-- You might remember that we posted a list of EVERY horse bought on our recommendation over a 5 year period so that everyone could draw accurate conclusions about how we did. Why don't you see if you can get Friedman (or Barry Irwin for that matter) to do the same. Not being willing to do so would be particularly hypocritical given Friedman's attack on Graph Racing, but those of us who have come to know and love the Ragozin office expect no less.

Assuming they won't, believe this-- if they had significant responsibility for the success of major horses they would be charging a lot more in the form of commissions, not wholesale prices. Take it from a guy they tried to charge that way.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Jake and Ruffian (850 Views) TGJB 01/06/2004 01:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.