Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
"Missing The Point" (831 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: January 13, 2004 01:19PM

Len, let us review.

1-- We sent an e-mail to 15 Thoro-Graph customers (definition: someone who had bought our data on line), who had made the finals of the NTRA contest, offering to not charge them for their TG data for the contest in exchange for the right to publicize any success they may have. Some have taken us up on it, others have not, either because they didn't use our data to qualify or don't want to get involved in endorsing anything.

2-- One of them presumably showed the e-mail to you, but neglected to mention he had bought our data, leading you to wrongly believe we were offering it to everyone in the contest, whether they were customers or not.

3-- YOU made an issue of it and posted the e-mail in an effort to embarrass us, only to discover that the guy who gave it to you and the others were in fact part of the select group I described, and you actually were advertising for us. I have since found out the one who gave it to you was not the guy I thought it was, which means whoever it is has bought our products multiple times, but since I don't know who it is I don't have any way of knowing if he is a currently a customer.

4-- When this became clear, Jake, Hell-Hath-No-Fury in California, and the other dittoheads filled up the airwaves with intentionally-missing-the-point nonsense trying to cover your butt to no avail.

5-- If your guys do well in the tournament, will you just take advantage of your customers (who will have paid for data) by publicizing it and not giving them anything for the endorsement, or will you be hypocritical and offer them something? Maybe you'll get lucky and they won't do well.

The post on your board was not me. I haven't posted on your board since you changed to that constipated format, and I will remind you that all you had to do to keep me off the old board was to delete the attacks on us
so I wouldn't have to respond. But what point did the poster miss? Don't end the thread on my account.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
"Missing The Point" (831 Views) TGJB 01/13/2004 01:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.