Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Enough Pete Rose (544 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: January 13, 2004 06:02PM

But Jerry,

The Pete Rose story has a nexus with T-Graph. As indicated, he mentioned your product in his book. He has a love of horses, though some may say of gambling. Inside information is an edge every handicapper would love to have and be in a position to assess. Your very product is to a great extent an "insiders" product. To know how fast a horse really ran as opposed to the number on the stopwatch. Only enlightened "insiders" know that time and order of finish are relative and that a host of variables influence a horse's performance.

In Pete Rose you have a home town Cincinnati boy who visits the local track at River Downs and scores the pick six. Was the score on the basis of some inside information other than your own? If so was it fair? Was it the proper thing to do?

Rose was also in a unique position to both know and evaluate the opposition in MLB and make decisions accordingly. When to hit and run? When to bunt? When to alter the outfield? When to shift the infielders? When to pitch a certain part of the plate or not to pitch the plate at all? When to throw heat or curves? When to steal? When to bet? A great team loses 62 games a year. It's all a gamble in baseball.

And people want to keep the player Pete Rose out of the Hall of Fame for the actions of the manager Pete Rose in betting on his own team to win. Hell thats a managers job. What I want to know is his R.O.I. :) The guy I want stricken from the annals of baseball is Kenesaw Landis for implicating a couple men not involved and refusing to acknowledge his mistake. Oh wait! our own "national commissoner" does that, my bad.

By the way Pete Rose was an effective manager and had a winning record with a team of questionable talent. He in fact surpassed Ty Cobb's managerial record as well. Maybe Cobb was throwing games.

But O.K. I'll be quiet if the Pete Rose detractors will as well.

lol

CtC

Subject Written By Posted
Enough Pete Rose (900 Views) TGJB 01/13/2004 04:32PM
Re: Enough Pete Rose (544 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 01/13/2004 06:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.