Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Out of the mouths of babes (1694 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2002 12:28PM

The following was posted(not by us)on the Ragozin board, and we like it so much we're going to post it here. Needless to say, it didn't stay up on their board long.
TGJB

Posted by Young Guy on April 23, 2002 at 09:02:27

Look I am only 25 and only been in racing 4 years, so I don't know much about the history and "who has an axe to grind", but I have been able to form some opinions on credibility and which product is better. And let me start by saying that I am not biased, I use the Sheets whenever I am in Vegas or New Orleans and usually use TG when I am home with my computer betting on TVG.

The only argument I ever hear from Sheet defenders is that "they have a superior product", like you have just stated above. What does that mean? I can only assume that what you are referring to is that the figures contained are superior, because there really isn't that much else to compare.

From what I can see in the discussion right now, Jerry Brown is GIVING A REASON why he feels his numbers are superior. He feels the Sheets are not making variants correctly and has shown examples(past Woods, BCs, Belmont Turf). No one from this camp ever defends these allegations, explains their figure making, or gives specific examples of what is wrong with the TG numbers. We are just supposed to take things as they are and not ask questions.

I would LOVE for some Sheets supporters to come forward with some actual arguments about figure making and not all the BS about Jerry being a bitter Ex-employee, having an axe to grind, and trying to make his horses look better. I am not convinced they do things completely correctly in the other camp either, but I obviously don't know enough about it to point things out. PLEASE post some actual arguments or defenses instead of all this childish crap.

But if you continue to treat people like they should not be asking these questions about variants and refusing to explain yourself, how can YOU expect any credibility? Just because you were doing it first? Sorry, but this younger generation likes full disclosure and likes to understand ALL the details. Hopefully you realize in order for your business to continue, you need to attract new, younger customers.

Subject Written By Posted
Out of the mouths of babes (1694 Views) TGJB 04/23/2002 12:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.