Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Polytrack/TV/Exacta Odds. (837 Views)
Posted by: Mall (IP Logged)
Date: January 26, 2004 06:40PM

It turns out that the spoof in Indian Charlie's 1/13 newsletter("We never let the truth get in the way of a good story.") was based on the strong possibility that Kee is going to install the 1st Polytrack in the U.S. Polytrack is the surface which replaced the original "all weather" track at Lingfield, & is made from a mix of rubber, polyester, & elastic fiber, which is wrapped in silica sand & waxed. Times on the surface are slower, but maintenance costs are less & it is much safer because it is more elastic, allowing for greater shock absorption. Unlike existing U.S. dirt tracks, it is also consistent throughout, vertically & horizontally.

Crist's piece in Sat's form was based on his opinion that in order for racing to duplicate the success of televised poker, someone needs to invent the equivalent of the camera which shows the players' hole cards. I disagree. Such shows air long after the event, so that contestents can be questioned regarding the thinking which led to their decisions. It seems to me that an appropriately edited version of the interview, together with an explanation & illustration of the handicapping principles involved, would give the viewer a better insight into the contestant's thinking than any hidden camera. BTW,the last I heard discussions are underway with ESPN, the Travel Channel, & NBC, & NTRA is optimistic about having something on the air next yr.

If you use a 20% takeout & make the doubtful assumption that each contestant had an equal chance of winning, fair pay for a $2 exacta on any two individuals is $213k. If you look at it instead in terms of the total number of TG users(14 if I remember correctly) the fair pay that any two would finish 1st & 2nd is still a healthy $1,144, a far sight more than any of the exactas or tris I cashed this weekend.

Subject Written By Posted
Polytrack/TV/Exacta Odds. (837 Views) Mall 01/26/2004 06:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.