Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Trevor Denman and the Florida Derby (568 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2004 02:17AM

Sure he's gasping for air at the end, he calls as much extraneous information as race information, plus they circuit about 10,000 volts of electricity through him to get that high quality electrical hum into his voice.

Stick flipper with a battery and he could do as well.

eh eh eeeeeh heheheheheheheheheh

eh eh eeeeeh heheheheheheheheheh

Some random observations on the Florida Derby

The Cliff’s Edge – Has lost when he’s run into stakes caliber horses like Mr. Jester and Eurosilver. Edged Gran Prospect and Pro Prado. Gran Prospect flopped last. Previous race was undoubtedly better than it looks. 2nd back off layoff. Not sure his pace style is gonna be ideal on this track with the quality he’s facing, but Zito probably isn’t looking to bag THIS race either. At least Sellers can't kill this one on the pace.

Friends Lake – He ran into two good horses off a layoff in the Holy Bull, neither which is around this time. His breeding is good and he seems to want to keep his competition in sight.

Read the Footnotes – What can you say, other than, “How fast was that FOY?”

Tapit – The money horses from that Laurel Futurity do not flatter him, however he did beat them by 5 lengths and was "covered up" before he found room. His trainer has more or less implied he’s not cranked. I have always wondered about his grey coat. I still think its Rubiano grey. Rubiano was a good horse but he wasn’t a 10 mark horse.

Farnum Alley – He’s another WinStar Distorted Humor. I’m not sure Funny Cide liked this track. This one is gonna have to jump through his skin from what I can see.

Sir Oscar – Bled in FOY in comeback race. New trainer, same jockey.

Notorious Rogue – aka “Notorious B.I.G.”…Lost to decent horses by the following margins:

Deputy Storm – 8.5
Silver Wagon - 5.5
Chapel Royal – 1.5 & 10
Birdstone - 12.5
Pollard’s Vision – 6.5
Frisky Spider - .5

Defeated Ghost Mountain by 2.5. I guess the theory is “If Frisky Spider’s trainer thinks Frisky has a shot, we must have one too”

Value Plus – Tough call. You can find reasons he didn’t win (trouble) and you can see results that may indicate distance limitations. Caveat: He finished up in 12:3 last His dam side breeding is Ohio. I don’t have any reason to dismiss that other than most of the horses in that pedigree made their nut in Ohio racing. Note, dam has not been a Blue Hen but she has been an admirable producer. Had a half brother by Brocco go for 2,000K. Went for 1,100K himself:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?h=ROLL+OVER+BABY&g=5&query_type=progeny&search_bar=progeny&done=y&inbred=Standard&x2=n&username=&password=&x=0&y=0

He’s a grey, like his daddy, and there is no grey (that I can see) in the five generation female side of his pedigree, though some of that pedigree is obscure. Trainer has placed his horses in spots they could win. This guy is here:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=check&search_bar=horse&h=value+plus&g=5&inbred=Standard&x2=n

He was favored over Read the Footnotes in the Remson and unseated his rider. He’s undoubtedly fast and has run best when on the lead, but he has caught blazing surfaces those days he was up front. If he can inherit the lead he could be a tough horse to beat, especially on this track. I'm prepared to be proven wrong, but I'm guessing he's not gonna want this distance in top company on most tracks.

Frisky Spider – Was this horse really unable to weather a 48:5 fraction in its last race? Granted it would have been on the slow part of the track, with turns and there was some trouble. Blinkers today and the trainer said he will be “whistling at every stop”. I know, I know…”that’s what the trainer said”

Smoocher – Did win Grade II in Canada. First here excusable. Second found some trouble and is likely to get hotter fractions to close into.

Post Edited (03-12-04 05:12)

Subject Written By Posted
Trevor Denman (754 Views) BitPlayer 03/11/2004 09:23AM
Re: Trevor Denman (489 Views) jbelfior 03/11/2004 11:23AM
Re: Trevor Denman (547 Views) Edgorman 03/11/2004 08:42PM
Re: Trevor Denman (509 Views) kc 03/11/2004 10:55PM
Trevor Denman and the Florida Derby (568 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 03/12/2004 02:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.