Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Kee Fri 9 Apr (810 Views)
Posted by: dodie (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2004 11:13AM

I found some horses in today's races that I think are explosive and/or I like at a potential price and would like to get other's opinions.
Race 1: I orignally liked 7 Crystal Magic was a value play @ 7/2, but realized she doesn't have much speed and there are a few others in this race that could do it at an even better price. I'm counting on Sapphire Lady, Erhu and Indian Tango to provide the early pace, and will use SL if I can get better than 4/1. I'm going to try and beat Cravings at 5/2 ML from post 12.
Race : Chassuer, Misty Appeal, and Mr. Trieste should offer value. I like Chssr @ 9/2, MA @ 2/1, and Mr. T @ 9/2. Obvious issue w/ Chsr is is lack of early lick, but I think the pattern is exposive, will know by the 6th race if spd is holding or not and can bet accordingly. I'm including Mr. T because I have to use all McPeek/Blanc horses, esp. @ KEE. McPeek is a Versailles native, Tates Creek and UK grad, and points to the KEE meets. Mr. T has the added advantage of being the 3 YO that McP was had the highest Derby hopes for. I love those 2 first out 8's as a 2YO and then the rest. Check out his KEE, and Blanc ROI.
Race 8: I thin Spirit of war is explosive and will bet him @ 2/1. I think Smooth as Silver will provide the early spd and also offers value @ 2/1. Defy Logic is the obvious threat but will being using underneath only.
If Race 9 doesn't give you a woodie then you shouldn't be playing this game. The 2 outside horses are the only tosses. I'm goign to use Royal Spy @ 9/2 and/or Millennium Dragon @ 9/2 as well. I love when a trainer uses the exact same prep pattern that has worked before, esp at a boutique meet like KEE. It'll be tough with more spd signed up than last year, but spd of spd is often a great value bet.

Subject Written By Posted
Kee Fri 9 Apr (810 Views) dodie 04/09/2004 11:13AM
Re: Kee Fri 9 Apr (511 Views) shanahan 04/09/2004 11:20AM
Re: Kee Fri 9 Apr (494 Views) dodie 04/09/2004 11:22AM
Re: Kee Fri 9 Apr (472 Views) dodie 04/09/2004 12:42PM
Re: Kee Fri 9 Apr (481 Views) dodie 04/09/2004 01:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.