Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (664 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2014 05:10AM

dskidmore1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1st--it was the perfect pace scenario; 2nd I have
> seen horses stuck on a plateau of performance and
> for some unknown reason put it together. Some of
> these horses have been trained by trainers who do
> training right. I think that sometimes stuff
> happens. As to the innuendoes about drugs; yes
> that happens but it does not explain everything;
> everytime.

1st I don't know what you mean it was a perfect pace scenario.

The race was not a pace meltdown. They did not go :44 and get caught late. The pace was about what was expected with the survivor of the 3/4 mile duel to be the race winner. The 1st quarter highlight was Bradester missed the start (losing 3 lengths) rushing into a :23:55 quarter forfeiting all chance since he doesn't pass horses.

The real racing began in the 2nd quarter which they went in :22:09 and was pretty much matched by Vyjack albeit he was trailing by 4-5 lengths.

Then in the 3rd quarter Bradester spit the bit, Itsmyluckyday hung in as most expected and is his running style, River Rocks won the pace duel and was headed for what looked like a win except for what concerns me Vyjack made up five lengths and went four wide. (roughly 8 tics) in that 3rd quarter!

So my problem is in this perfect pace scenario, depending on ones math, didn't Vyjack just run a sub :22 third quarter? So I looked back at Vyjacks previous performances and did not see a single quarter where he ran sub :22. He did run about :22 in the 2nd quarter several back in a 6F AlW sprint. Tipping his readiness I guess as I look back.

2nd I wasn't thinking about sometimes something happens generalizations I was referring to a specific race in the real cause & effect material world. The world in which horse do not run sub :22 3rd quarters in a mile race. Has it been done before @ BEL with the doer going on to win? I don't know I did not do that research.

I've read and I believe that PED's do not increase a horse's innate velocity. PED's do reduce muscle fatigue, thereby improving stamina resulting in less deceleration in the later stages of a race netting a faster final time. My lay mans understanding. That idea is well documented and discussed elsewhere.

As for my innuendo about some trainers cheating sometimes. Well we know that is true because it has been proven. Coincidentally, Mr Rodriquez's questionably reputation results from his mentor and associate Richard Dutrow who has been convicted of cheating with PED's and banned from the sport.

It would be disappointing for me, to find out Celebrity Jim Covello will not be reporting the BC from SA this year because of this race. On a lighter note - I wonder if he went to China to meet with Alibaba and the .......

[b]Bottom Line[/b] - I hear you saying [u]not all[/u] 4-6 point jump ups into major neg number range are PED induced. Further, this specific jump up (like others) can be said to be unpredictable because we don't know its cause. I suggest - Forever after to label this the Vyjack (not Valhol) phenomenon.

I look forward to seeing what the TG/SR numbers for the race are as well as any commentary. Should I buy a BC future? On whom? More importantly should we call a team [i]"Euros"[/i] when most of them live in Florida.

All in all an interesting day, but too many mid race dismounts.

Subject Written By Posted
rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (953 Views) CHOWDERMAN 09/27/2014 03:06PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (739 Views) Boscar Obarra 09/27/2014 03:11PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (828 Views) TGJB 09/27/2014 03:12PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (726 Views) Boscar Obarra 09/27/2014 04:43PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (728 Views) shanahan 09/27/2014 07:04PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (687 Views) Tavasco 09/27/2014 08:33PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (750 Views) dskidmore1 09/27/2014 10:01PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (664 Views) TGJB 09/27/2014 10:54PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (526 Views) miff 09/28/2014 10:58AM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (616 Views) Boscar Obarra 09/28/2014 01:36AM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (664 Views) Tavasco 09/28/2014 05:10AM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (594 Views) dskidmore1 09/28/2014 06:47PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (631 Views) TGJB 09/28/2014 07:00PM
Re: rudy rod...come on man......wtf.... (610 Views) Boscar Obarra 09/28/2014 03:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.