Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Spiral Stakes-Royal Son jog or bounce? (798 Views)
Posted by: toppled (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2015 08:31AM

What do you think of Royal Son's big jump up last race? Does he bounce & come back to a well matched field or does he pair or top and bury this field?

I'm going against him today. I believe that last race was an aberration and he will not come anywhere near his last number, although the Thoro-Pattern says he's got a decent chance of pairing or getting a new top. One of the columns I read said he was aided by a speed bias last out.

I'm having a tough time separating my top 2 choices, so I'll play them both in picks & DDs & hope I'm alive. I think I should be with Sweet Success and Harlan's Destiny in the Bourbonette. I think they both tower over the field with the slight nod to Sweet Success.

Top choice in the Spiral goes to Wireless Future who has never gone backwards, comes out of a key allowance race at FG and was brought here early enough to get a solid 5f workout over the track on the Ides of March. My 2nd choice won't be that popular off his sheet as there are a bunch faster than him. I expect a big jump forward by Conquest Typhoon. The horse paired his 2YO finale off a 2.5 month layoff and Mike Smith travels from California to ride him. If this horse wasn't sitting on a big race, I can't see Mikey bothering to make the trip. This is a proven polytrack horse where many others are not. I don't see Metaboss ever beating him again. My handicapping combines class lines with the speed #s & I think this horse, with that tightener out of the way in NoCal is ready to run to his class lines. I'm giving him mega credit for his 2nd in the Grey last year getting passed late by International Star.

The Spiral Picks:
1) Wireless Future
2) Conquest Typhoon
3) Royal Son
4) Firespike
5) Metaboss
6) Dubai Sky

Subject Written By Posted
Spiral Stakes-Royal Son jog or bounce? (798 Views) toppled 03/21/2015 08:31AM
Re: Spiral Stakes-Royal Son jog or bounce? (495 Views) jerry 03/21/2015 02:03PM
Re: Spiral Stakes-Royal Son jog or bounce? (530 Views) Tavasco 03/21/2015 02:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.