Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Response from D.Wayne Lukas & Keeneland's Quirky Surface (807 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2004 06:13PM

I received the following response from D.Wayne Lukas after obtaining his stable email address and writing him a letter, now seems the appropriate time to share it.

Mr. Lukas,

My handicapping friends and I can’t help but notice none of your horses are running and you’re poised to miss the Derby. Keeneland’s Lexington is a perfect example. Why are you running that tortoise in there? What’s going on, you’re killing us?

Lukas’s Response:

“Listen, I don’t run my horses for handicappers. I never have, so you can take your two lost dollars and stick it where the sun don’t shine. And I’ll run my horses wherever I d*** well please. If I was worried about you sorry addicts I wouldn’t run the gimpy ones that I do. Race for Glory has a big chance. He has a fine pedigree and cost a lot of Bob and Beverly Lewis’s money, besides he’s the only one I could outbid Sanan and Coolmore on when they waived off at 15,000. The price kept going up but I hung in there because if THOSE guys bid on the animal you know you got something.

The Lewis’s are fine folks as you know and have won two derbies. I won one with consummate training for them and I won the triple crown for them too. That trailer park trash Bad Bob and his piece of crap Silverbulletday seriously messed up my horse in the Belmont so I’m counting that one as a win and I don’t give two flying hoots what the thoroughbred world says about it. I’M A TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPIONSHIP TRAINER….I SAID I’M A TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPIONSHIP TRAINER DANG IT”. Now Chris Antley gets more recognition than me with that horse and why is that? Cause he jumps off and holds the horse’s foot? What is that? I was the one there with ..with…what’s that horses name? Oh hell, I was the one there with My Triple Crown Championship winner. I was there every race…strategizing, showing up at 10 a.m. every morning or at least calling, nurturing her, running her where she could gain confidence and a foundation for the Triple Crown. Sure I ran the horse for a claiming tag twice. That was strategy, I told you. Where was Chris Antley during all of this? Nowhere to be found. He never called and now he’s dead and I’m still here, so what does that tell ya?

Listen you can’t run a Storm Cat for a 10k claiming tag, so think about it, what the heck am I gonna do? Everyone has dry spells, no one is a machine, but listen have you forgotten so easily my greatest accomplishments? I’m the all time money winner. ALL TIME. You think that is easy? Think about it. So why have you forgotten that? Oh sure I spent more for em than I ever won back, but it’s their money. For them it’s like a ticket to the movies. You buy tickets to twenty movies, you see one really good one, does that mean the other movies were wasted money?

I’ve won so many breeders cup races I can’t even remember em all. What about that huh? I’m the breeders cup king dang it, why is it you two dollar losers are hung up on “what have you done for me lately”…what is that? Now, I’ll tell you what the real problem is. It’s that dang imposter Bad Bob Baffert. He’s cheating. He’s cheating I tell you. If I’m not winning its cause I’m getting cheated out of the good horses and he’s one cheating me out of em. The other thing, there’s a lot of cheaters giving their horses bad things. I don’t do that. That’s another reason I’m not winning I don’t give my horses bad things. I would, but I don’t know what they are.”

;)

Winner of the 8th at Keeneland "Roses in may' is gonna get a huge number. The horse has been a good horse so I think the number is gonna be quasi legit. Quinton is gonna get a niceish one too, based on the other races. Those turf races sure make it hard to judge whats happening to that strip. They were certainly cheap again and the two races that were better horses went in better time again. But it was much better than the average for the conditional classes is my guess. Similar to Bluegrass Day. I don't know what to make of that. The surface is quirky. I sense danger.

lol

CtC

Post Edited (04-17-04 19:42)

Subject Written By Posted
Response from D.Wayne Lukas & Keeneland's Quirky Surface (807 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 04/17/2004 06:13PM
Re: Response from D.Wayne Lukas & Keeneland's Quirky Surface (495 Views) jbelfior 04/20/2004 02:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.