Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Loose Ends (783 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2004 01:53PM

Big Ant-- not sure, but I'm guessing you're a native New Yorker. Just a guess. That makes at least 3 of us here.

Kingfisher-- very interesting, in part because it means at least one person is actually looking at the jockey profiles-- we were considering removing them. I understand your point, but don't know if we can do it-- it would mean adding a line, which would take up space we need for the new pattern studies which will appear in a few days. We could go with a shorter time period for jocks, since the sample is much bigger...

CTC-- agree about the riders. My guess is that the horses are at least 10% heavier on average than when the scale of weights was created in the 19th century, so there is no rational reason to keep it where it is. As they say in the show (which will be repeated often, one of the good things about cable), the horses carry 145 pound excercise riders every day, and horses compete in the Grand National carrying more than that, over 3 miles, and over jumps.

My friend Steve Nagler used to produce the Triple Crown for ABC, and he has to be killing himself that they haven't got it this year with all the story lines, including Sellers/Lukas, Dickinson/Guiness, one-eyed horses, SJ recovering from getting his face fractured, 21 year old girl trainers, etc. Now all we need is for Valenzuela to pick up a mount...

Up until 3:00 writing the seminar last night, will record it this afternoon, should be up tonight. Very interesting race, and in the end I think I was able to get the number of horses with a significant chance to win down to a surprisingly small number. The exotics are another story.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Loose Ends (783 Views) TGJB 04/28/2004 01:53PM
Re: Loose Ends (450 Views) elkurzhal 04/28/2004 02:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.