Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
CD May 1: The Kentucky Derby (763 Views)
Posted by: Michael D. (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2004 10:33AM

limehouse: not a bad post for this quick horse. should be able to outrun some of the stalker/closer types and get a decent trip. 10f won't be his best distance, but based trip, trainer, and ok # power, i will use this guy underneath in the exotics.

song of the sword: tough spot for untested connections. if arroyo (a decent jock), can work out a decent trip, this one is fast enough to be close, but to much of a risk for my money. no.

lion heart: i was not convinced that this horse could get a real strong 10f before the blue grass, and now i am just plain confused. i know the kee strip did not favor speed that day, but i still am not convinced. i will take my risk elsewhere at higher odds. no.

friends lake: in my opinion, the best horse in the race. i am very concerned about the trip however. the horse looks so much like Ats, that i keep picturing a late close for 4th. still, i think the horse may run in the "0" range (2-3 taking into account the trip) which could make him competitive.a use underneath in exotics.

minister eric: not for me.

master david: looks a touch slow.

imperialism: looks like a decent derby pattern to me. ran fast as a 2 yr old, then did well stretching out as a 3 yr old. could have run a bit faster last if not pulled up, so i can excuse the small backwards looking pattern this year. gets the perfect post, and a rider who has won this race. my key.

the cliff's edge: good luck TGJB, i know you have this one at great odds. obvious contender. nice two yr old pattern. the only question mark for me is the amount of stress in last race. i am looking for a bounce here, but not sure how much. at lowish odds, i will try to beat on my win tickets, but i will have this one in the top four spots in the exotics.

borrego: contender, but i like a few other stalker/closer types just a bit more. a reluctant toss for me.

bird: not for me.

read the footnotes: fast enough to win, and i see good efforts from this guy in the future. i won't bet him going 10f today however.

smarty: looking for a back up here, as everyone is. tough task for untested jock. top two or three horses in race, but at lowish odds, i will use mostly underneath in exotics.

castledale: nice horse, fast enough to win. i think imperialism will get the better trip from the 10 hole, so i am siding with that one over castledale. could run a "1" or "2", and still not hit the board. a very reluctant toss.

pollard's vision: hard to toss anything from the jr/pletcher team, but i will try to beat this guy at 10f.

tapit: will most likely run wide. only four races, and an untested jock (although a good one). i think this horse will have to be a superstar to win this. he may be, but at lowish odds, too much risk. not for me.

pro prado: mud freak, bred up and down to love the stuff. not at 10f, and not from post 19. not for me.

quinton: trainer busted last year for drug violation, anything he puts on the track is eligible to explode. not for me though.

i will key imperialism. i like the pattern, and i like the jock from post 10. TCE is the fastest, but at lowish odds, not the key. still, a use in the top spots. i will use limehouse, FL, and smarty underneath in the exotics (maybe FL on top sml, just because he is my favorite horse).

Subject Written By Posted
CD May 1: The Kentucky Derby (763 Views) Michael D. 05/01/2004 10:33AM
Re: CD May 1: The Kentucky Derby (426 Views) MO 05/01/2004 10:47AM
Re: CD May 1: The Kentucky Derby (510 Views) Michael D. 05/01/2004 07:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.