Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Barry Irwin (1665 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2002 06:01PM

Because I don't have much to do today and the Mets are in a rain delay, I'm going to post a recent comment from the Ragozin site by Barry Irwin(Team Valor)about Guppie's Secret, and my reply(I've actually condensed two of my posts into one). The string was deleted a couple of hours later.

:This horse serves as an indication that it is one thing to pick out horses for a client and quite another thing to pick them out and manage them for one's own account.

Well, well. Is this the same Mr. Irwin who's post about me the day after 9/11 was in such exquisite taste that even the Ragozin office felt compelled to delete it? Only a cynic would think you are posting this here because you know my response will be deleted. Me, I just think you posted here because you don't know we have a website of our own, which is of course where this belongs, and where my response will stay up.

For starters, I buy and manage horses for clients, not for myself-- the only difference is that Rising Graph is a partnership we put together. I could list some of the 65 horses we have bought for clients that have gone on to win stakes for them(66 if First Again wins at Sportsman's tomorrow), but I've got a better idea. On our website we have posted a study of all horses bought on our advice for a 5 year period, showing purchase price, time period owned, earnings, and disposition(syndications, resale, etc.). Why not show me up by posting an equivalent study for Team Valor? You can put it up on my website, and I won't take it down.

When we first started to put together the partnership, we put a questionaire up on the site to gauge interest. We included a section where respondees could give comments of any kind. Several, unsolicited, decided to use this as a forum to vent about their negative experiences with Team Valor. If you would like I could post them.

Incidentally, Barry, Guppie came out of the race with very sore shins and won't be running for about 3 months.

But maybe you have a recent purchase for about what we paid($100k)that we could go head to head with, comparing results? Let me know.

By the way, I liked your article in Blood Horse.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Barry Irwin (1665 Views) TGJB 04/28/2002 06:01PM
Re: Barry Irwin (1046 Views) Frank 04/28/2002 07:42PM
Re: Barry Irwin (1125 Views) TGJB 04/28/2002 07:49PM
Re: Barry Irwin (1092 Views) CensoredJim 04/29/2002 01:51PM
Re: Barry Irwin (1029 Views) TGJB 04/29/2002 04:17PM
Re: Barry Irwin (1059 Views) Tim B. 04/30/2002 10:02PM
Re: Barry Irwin (1053 Views) Mark O'Keeffe 04/30/2002 10:32PM
Re: Barry Irwin (1072 Views) NotAnOpenForum 05/01/2002 06:14AM
Re: Barry Irwin (998 Views) TGJB 05/01/2002 04:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.