Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
T-Graph Derby Analysis (783 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: May 02, 2004 04:50AM

I got up early to read the T-Graph Red Board Room rundown on the Derby Entries and I was not disappointed.

Jerry, the logic you attack figures with is compelling. You are able to break them down and sort them so easily. I didn’t make as large a distinction between negative numbers and a 1.5, if I had maybe I wouldn’t have spread so much and wasted bets…lol Of course, I was handicapping factoring an off track and I wasn’t about to let horses with a 1.5 under their belt pair up and leave me beaten in a topsy turvy year.

Reading you’re analysis, from my perspective it was essentially flawless. The only thing to perhaps take issue with is your evaluation of Song of the Sword, though his finishing position supports your opinion. His Illinois Derby scored just as fast as Pollard’s Vision (give or take) and he had some trouble. Thereafter in the Lexington, he was bumped off stride out of the gate, rushed up to find his path impeded and after waiting he moved again along the rail to put himself into contention only to have to wait for a chance to run again. In the stretch he was in tight quarters but when he put his head in front he appeared to regain his momentum late. It almost looked as if he was shy in tight along that rail. Granted, I didn’t see Tapit bearing in…lol. (Anyone reading this and wishing to voice an opinion refer to the Lexington replay at “Kentuckyderby.com”) In the Lexington, Song was even with Quinton a sixteenth past the wire. It doesn’t look like Song ran his race in the Derby, though that’s arguably true of several. Long story short, Song’s 4 appeared to me to be significantly closer to Quinton’s 1 putting him in the hunt for exotics placing at big odds. I know Quinton was wide in the Lexington. Opinions make for horseracing.

I bet on The Cliff’s Edge, though I’ve questioned his 10 mark ability, (Lion Heart came back at him post Bluegrass wire), but in his defense on “slog day” he lost both his front shoes. Birdstone also lost a shoe. On that track lost shoes appear significant.

If you add 5 points to the data base how will we be able to compare horses of different generations? That’s rhetorical, you’re numbers this year answer that question. :)

I have one other question. If a three year old runs a negative 3.2, in apparent hand, can you really ask him to pair or top it in his penultimate race? It’s definitely a new era for speed figures

Anyway you’re analysis was a pleasure to read. I know it was you.

Good Work

Subject Written By Posted
T-Graph Derby Analysis (783 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 05/02/2004 04:50AM
Re: T-Graph Derby Analysis (502 Views) TGJB 05/02/2004 03:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.