Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Green (824 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: May 07, 2004 01:17PM

I’ve told this story before, so if you’ve already heard it excuse me. Back in the early nineties I was using Thorograph religiously and after attending some of their seminars and studying their pattern analysis I’d gotten to a point where I was somewhat proficient. The Show “Post Time” was running back then and Jerry gave a call on a horse in the Delaware Handicap by the name of “Green Darlin”. I’m guessing the year was 1993, but it may have been 1994. I was already high on the horse so the recommendation furthered my commitment. Anyway, Green Darlin had the look of a committed stretch runner, Green Dancer over an Alydar mare and she was showing good late energy in her races, which was important because the Delaware was 10 marks. (I think its been shortened to 9 since.) All Green Darlin really had to beat was a Shug mare whose name I forget that she was already faster than per the T-Sheets.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=check&search_bar=horse&h=GREEN+DArlin&g=5&inbred=Standard&x2=n

Pre big race, I’d handicapped a race where a horse on T-Sheets was on an improving cycle and was 35-1. It was on the classic pattern. The horse had a top that would/could win if replicated. It had run a big race about 5 or 6 races back and gone into a negative curve. However, it was on the rebound and positive curving in the last two races. It was a point or two below its top in its last race but had carried its speed to the second to last call before losing energy. Five or six horses had passed it so in the Racing Form he didn’t look as good as he did on T-Sheets. I seem to recall the horse was shortening up slightly, but the horse did have a first time jock on him not allowed to carry a whip. The competition were all on negative cycles and only one or two had been fast enough to challenge the standout 35-1 T-Sheet horse. The first time jockey never needed a whip. He surged to the front and was never challenged and I crushed him and had the perfecta and Trifecta multiple times as well.

Later that day I made another score but not nearly as large as the 35-1 race hit. The big race rolled around and I was sitting upon a windfall of wager returns. My pockets were literally bulging. I decided to throw caution to the wind and I wagered half my days returns to win on Green Darlin and hooked her up in exotics as well. But it was a large field and the race was competitive for placing and I’d decided I wasn’t gonna risk too big on exotic bets. It was the biggest win bet I’ve ever made. I’ve never bet more to win. At 5-1, Green Darling won laughing and the girl at the window got that “I really want to have sex with you look in her eye”. She could tell I had the mojo that day…lol. I’ve had better days on multiple pick races, but I never have cashed more to win. As Richard Dreyfuss said in the movie “Let it Ride”, “It was a very good day.”

Post Edited (05-07-04 13:24)

Subject Written By Posted
Green (824 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 05/07/2004 01:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.