Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Saturday Gulfstream 5th (698 Views)
Posted by: FrankD. (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2016 11:31AM

Johnny,

Not speaking for whomever did the analysis but I'll state my own humble opinion on this race that I hit the pick 3 and lost money on it!

Harlans Holiday's improve 4 points from 2-3, the rail at Gulf in 7.5, mile and mile and 1/16 turf heats is a huge advantage more so with rail placements which go way out there at Gulf. Look how many monster price horses get great trips from inside post 4 in these races and get into the verticals? Toss his first 3 races on dirt, 1st race was a 5f sprint with a vet scratch the week before,sy, OP then we go to turf 16, 11, a regression with 3W4W into a hot pace, 9 weeks off back to the 11, inside, getting weight, 7 weeks from last race, this horse can be pencilled in for a 9 or 10 at 20/1.

IMHO:
Only the 7 had a better pattern and Casse's runners have all been coming around, once could make a case that with ground loss and weight the 1 had as good a chance to win as the 7 at more than 10 times the price. I bet very little on the pick 3 as the payoffs would have been nothing with the 6 or 7, it only paid $118 with the the 20/1 shot. Crushed the tri's with 1,6,7 box, 7/1,6/ ALL 1,6/7/All and healthy exacta's 1/6,7 key box.

Before TGJB scolds me for wasting a $40 horse! Inspite of all the above positives I still thought the 6 and 7 were both more likely winners and could not imagine both of them being out of the exacta! So NO win bet on the 1 nor even a small exacta wheel. He would have made a lovely pick 4 or 5 had I not blown the first and second races.

OH WELL,

Frank D.

PS 1st trip to Gulf this winter will be Friday and Saturday February 19th & 20th if anyone if there those days send me a PM and we can have a cocktail. I'll be back twice in March gotta love Jet Blue and Hilton honors at the Hampton Inn drunken staggering distance from the village!!!!

Subject Written By Posted
Saturday Gulfstream 5th (872 Views) johnnym 01/31/2016 09:26AM
Re: Saturday Gulfstream 5th (698 Views) FrankD. 01/31/2016 11:31AM
Re: Saturday Gulfstream 5th (551 Views) johnnym 01/31/2016 11:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.