Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: The Kings Bishop (1032 Views)
Posted by: mlnolan00 (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2016 10:45PM

Both of the G1 sprints were so tricky for me but I agree this is where you'll get value in P4.

FWIW Mohaymen was on the vets list for shockwave up thru that bullet work last weekend which got him removed. I don't know if it'll help his performance or if he's really a bit ouchy at the moment, but I'm not sure I want to find out at 4-1.

I'm with you on Rated R Superstar and believe he's getting no respect considering the form he's kept since last summer. Frankly this horse was not bred to go beyond a mile (and that's pushing it), but he remained game even while running in all those routes.

I saw him beat Jazzy Times in person at CD In May and was very impressed. He was gelded since Rushaway, and when he finally got back to sprinting on 5/30 he had ditched the Lasix and added back on the blinkers. He came from way far back to run down Jazzy and Twizz for Maker and win going away.

He paired his 2yo top that day and predictably improved again in a usual condition move that saw him run down MGSW Awesome Banner on his South Florida home track in the middle of summer. The 3 pt new top that day isn't that extreme given the 5pt top he ran at 2 in his 3rd start and subsequently paired in start 4.

Rated R Superstar is undefeated sprinting and has found new focus with the castration and blinders as well as a clever move to get him off Lasix (perhaps in an attempt to keep him more hydrated and maintain weight).

This colt is G1P, a G2W, will get pace to chase and only gives 2lb to his lower odds and perhaps less talented comrades in here.

At 20-1 I think he's a fun use along with Ian's Bird Song a horse who is rapidly improving I all metrics and is 30-1ML. Fish Trappe Road cutting back and trippin out nicely is my main A horse.

Subject Written By Posted
The Kings Bishop (1657 Views) Tavasco 08/25/2016 06:16AM
Re: The Kings Bishop (1032 Views) mlnolan00 08/26/2016 10:45PM
Re: The Kings Bishop (800 Views) Tavasco 08/27/2016 12:59AM
Re: The Kings Bishop (957 Views) jerry 08/27/2016 01:25AM
Re: The Kings Bishop (752 Views) mjellish 08/27/2016 09:26AM
Re: The Kings Bishop (692 Views) Tavasco 08/27/2016 03:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.