Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Lets start early....BC Friday! (996 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2018 05:58AM

APny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jerry hasn't put out his thoughts yet but here my
> top contenders for Friday knowing very well that
> post positions will matter a lot:

[b]Juvenile Turf:[/b] [url=http://www.breederscup.com/contenders/118]The Breeders Cup Site Contender Info.-->[/url]

I'm all about the Euros. Anthony VanDyck is probably just better than these. Broome looks good too.

[i][b]Current[/b] - Pletcher- Dixieanna (1st) [b]Current[/b] really improved in this effort. I remember betting him even at his ? 5/1. He layed off a too fast pace set up by the had to lead War of Will. His move down the lane was not explosive (imo) but very workmanlike. Toss[/i]

[i][b]War of Will[/b] - imo he was exposed in the Dixieanna he's a maiden best I can say is his connections sure are optimistic.[/i]

[i][b]Forty Under[/b] - Looks a nice horse, my bias concerns the trainer and his winning this race.[/i]

[i][b]Oprey[/b] - The "With Anticipation" at Saratoga was impressive not because he beat 5 competitors it's more about how he did it which is both good and bad news. In the Pilgrim he didn't drop out the back and it compromised his late kick. Or the colt bounced off the SAR effort?[/i] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4YRI1CjwTA]The With Anticipation -->[/url]

[i][b]SomeLikeIt[color=#FF00CC]Hot[/color]Brown[/b] - Placing in both the With Anitcipation and Pilgrim get you points. Hot in the name apparently from the breeder Hot Pink Stables?[/i]

[i][b]Henley's Joy[/b] - Accomplished Kitten's Joy Ramsey colt was non threatening 2nd in the Dixieana. I suspect he's in as much because CD is his back yard and Ramsey needs the attention.[/i]

[b]Arthur Kitt[/b] - I believe this one is going to expose the pretenders by forcing the races pace at the top of the stretch and will also prove stubborn and difficult to pass late. The race call is somewhat confusing. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_qanxfffsI]Chesham Stakes Royal Ascot-->[/url]

[i][b]Broome[/b] - An Irish colt by way of a good race in France.[/i] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7D1oNPIcYE]Longchamps-->[/url], [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9l-4J5ajWs]Tough Trip @ Leopardstown-->[/url]

[i][b]Bulletin[/b] - A runaway winner @ 5F in Florida is not what one would expect as a prep for this BC Juvenile Turf. But the colt could not have been more impressive. Surely Pletcher and Winstar knew they had something special to debut in a stakes vs. Jackson. But City Zip? This wildcard could really confuse this races pace?[/i]

[i][b]Line of Duty[/b] In his last it took him a while to find a a clear path then he showed the kind of explosion we've come to expect from top Euros. Having traffic issues in a smallish field is worrisome.[/i] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWUc6T79lA]Prix La Rochette-->[/url]

[i][b]Marie's Diamond[/b] - A nine time starter. The one positive I have is respect for his trainer Mark Johnson.[/i]

[i][b]The Black Album (FR)[/b] - A preocious french colt evidently purchased by Team Valor & Gray Barber. I couldn't find a video of his last race but did learn that Jay-Z has an album by the same name. Somewhat of a wildcard?[/i]

[i][b]Anthony Van Dyke[/b] - Very accomplished in Ireland includes a significant number of Irish pounds. Galileo on top is a good thing. His recent trip to Newmarket and England resulted in a third affter setting the pace in a sprint. Seems iffy to me. but all hail Aidan O'brien.[/i]

[i][b]Empire of War[/b] - Another well bred colt owned by a swell and trained by TAP. Looked good breaking his maiden around one turn @ Bel last out. Apparently much expected of this one. I'll pass this race and look to load up on his comeback race wherever that ends up.[/i]

[i][b]Flying Scotsman[/b] - I have a lot of respect for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, I suppose it tracks back to when he and Russell Baze won everything in sight at Bay Meadows. Now JH has had some bad luck and not so much success @ CD. Yet Calumet Farm is on the rebound and this combination screams don't overlook me. I'll assert here and now this is the best US colt in the race. Of course it requires no objective data to make such a claim. Can he rate?[/i]

[i][b]King Of Speed[/b] - Another handsome SoCal colt who can really run. Even though he got a little lucky winning the Zuma Beach last out. NorCal transplant Bonde is competent and to see him in here speaks volumes for either the owners desire or Jeff's confidence. Maybe both. Add Gary Stevens (I presume) and I think we have a colt suited to the distance.[/i]

[i][b]Louder Than Bombs[/b] - A son of Violence who it seems is a sire to keep one's eyes on. At least one can expect lots of traffic in GP turf races. This big raw boned colt got left behind in the Proud man then showed his affinity for more distance in the Armed Forces. imo the best FL colt.[/i]

[i][b]Much Better[/b] - A Bob Baffert trained turf horse? What to think? He trains horses to run the others off their feet. Some turf champions have had success with those tactics but not most. Not very impressive to me in the Zuma Beach except as a pace factor.[/i]

[i][b]Order & Law[/b] - An unbelievable last race. No wonder they've come to the BC. Another Violence colt an outsider with a probable upside but how much? He's no sprinter and while missing the start and then losing a ton of ground won the Larel Futurity (a sprint) Easy to toss out but obviously has ability and probably only gets better with distance. A sentimental favorite.[/i] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpq_-nUJTq0]Laurel Futurity-->[/url]

[i][b]Pico Entry[/b] - It seems one needs a talented horse and a good trip to win a turf race@ KEE even a MSW. Full fields are nice for spectators. But, c'mon he just barely won. Probably a pace factor imho. C/B better than I realize.[/i]

[i][b]Tracksmith[/b] - A second Calumet entry this one trained by Joe Sharp. He needs some excuse for his Dixiana performance and I doubt he enters the starting gate. By Streetsense warrants a second look which I'm not apt to do as I tire.[/i]

[i][b]Uncle Benny[/b] - Unbeaten & trained by Jason Servis another talented colt but just one of many stepping up to tougher competition.[/i]

[b]The New York & East Coast Gang[/b]
I will be surprised to see any of this group contends just as APNY contends.

[b]The Florida Colts[/b]
Louder Than Bombs although unlikely is a jump up candidate imho and price s/b generous.

[b]The Kentucky Locals[/b]
Many in here just because they are here and probably won't start. If Pico Entry is the best of this group then I'll look for a match bet against the group.

[b]The SoCal Contingent[/b]
I really like a couple of these but worry about the warm cold ship. Its the Flying Scotsman for me. King of Speed also hopefully one or the other gets in.

[b]The Euros[/b]
We've all learned that for whatever the reason the Euro turf horses just beat their U.S. counterparts. Why should we axpect that to change? Can't knock Broome he tough as nails and I'll add Line of Duty, Arthur Kitt.

[b]Bottom Line[/b]
The euros and a Socal runner if in as a ebxs, tbxs.

Subject Written By Posted
Lets start early....BC Friday! (1514 Views) APny 10/28/2018 10:40PM
Re: Lets start early....BC Friday! (1148 Views) Molesap 10/29/2018 03:28AM
Re: Lets start early....BC Friday! (1066 Views) Tavasco 10/29/2018 06:12AM
Re: Lets start early....BC Friday! (996 Views) Tavasco 10/29/2018 05:58AM
Re: Lets start early....BC Friday! - Some Curiosities (1140 Views) Tavasco 10/29/2018 03:53PM
Re: Lets start early....BC Friday! - Some Curiosities (939 Views) toppled 10/29/2018 05:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.