Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: 8 weeks to recover from a top (1146 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: February 26, 2002 12:13PM

The devil is in the details.
1) I am not interested in defending or doing studies about patterns Friedman may or may not be pushing. I don't know what Hardoun(not Muldoon)said at Saratoga.
2) Alan does ROTW, not me. Alan also said we would do a run, and he misspoke. The reasons for not doing a run have nothing to do with open mindedness.
3) The matter is not one of opinion, it's one of experience.
4) As those who frequent this site know, I reject an awful lot of Ragozin dogma, and setting a fixed recovery time from a top would certainly be an example of something I would reject, if they said it.
5) I don't care what trainers and vets have to say about questions like this unless they have accurate data to work with, in which case they are not trainers and vets, they are customers.
6) Saying that 6 weeks is not enough time for a specific horse to recover has nothing to do with saying horses in general need 8 weeks. While I reject the strict rule, I certainly agree with the general concept. I take every horse as an individual, and try to figure out what the effort in question means to the horse in question, and sometimes factor in the trainer in question.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
8 weeks to recover from a top (1817 Views) Mall 02/25/2002 03:29PM
Re: 8 weeks to recover from a top (1146 Views) TGJB 02/26/2002 12:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.