Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Today's Belmont Card (456 Views)
Posted by: jimbo66 (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2004 12:08PM

Hern,

Thanks for the kind words.

I only looked at the first 3 races today, as I have a busy afternoon at work, so just "lunchtime action" for me. And the three races are not terribly appealing.

1st Race - America's Cat is the fastest horse and is also dropping from MSW to MC. But I am always suspect of Monmouth figures and also don't like horses that continue to give up leads in the stretch. If she goes off at odds on (likely?), I will bet against. Exclusive Print has room to improve off of only 3 career efforts. Her race two back was against Selltherallies and Come Dance, both of whom have come back to win VERY impressively. I will bet her at 2-1, if I can get it.

2nd Race - Taking a stab here, since I am using a relatively short price in the first race. Crazy Song has a couple of figures last year over the Belmont Turf course that could win this race. Hasn't run well in 2004 in two starts, but both were over the main track. At 10-1 ML, I will use her in the doubles. I also will use Mountain Top. I don't like that Frankel is using Lezcano, instead of his "go to" jocks, but the horse was trained by Andre Fabre and running in allowance company in France. Against a relatively slow field, at 6-1 ML, I think she is worth a shot. Exclusive Print with Crazy Song and Mountain Top in the doubles.

3rd Race - I really hope the Morning Line oddsmaker is correct. More Heck is slow and gets Ganpath, which is a double negative for me. Favorite Sweep is Dutrow off the claim. Dutrow has to move her up a couple of points to win, but I think he is usable in the exactas. He's a Knockout has some fast figures at Delaware and would be my win bet but I worry about the pace scenario. My guess is that Favorite Sweep, Le Bourget, Albert E and He's A Knockout all go for the lead. Which leads me to Mombo Loco. Throw out the last figure, which was a route effort and her sprint efforts make him tough. Add to that the pace scenario seemingly playing in his favor and he is my win bet. I will three horse box with Favorite Sweep and He's A Knockout.

Good luck,

Jim

Subject Written By Posted
Tomorrow's Belmont Card (929 Views) jimbo66 09/14/2004 08:27PM
Re: Tomorrow's Belmont Card (420 Views) shanahan 09/15/2004 07:17AM
Re: Tomorrow's Belmont Card (420 Views) Saddlecloth 09/15/2004 11:42AM
Re: Tomorrow's Belmont Card (416 Views) TGJB 09/15/2004 06:40PM
Re: Tomorrow's Belmont Card (436 Views) jimbo66 09/15/2004 07:06PM
Re: Tomorrow's Belmont Card (437 Views) jbelfior 09/16/2004 09:08AM
Re: Tomorrow's Belmont Card (408 Views) JimP 09/16/2004 01:22PM
Re: Today's Belmont Card (469 Views) Hern 09/16/2004 10:13AM
Re: Today's Belmont Card (456 Views) jimbo66 09/16/2004 12:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.