Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Breeder's Cup (406 Views)
Posted by: P.Eckhart (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2004 11:14PM

I tend to do all I want ante-post and just leave it that.

In the Classic I bet Pleasantly Perfect at 11/2 back in mid-August and covered the stake with Dynever at 25/1. Don't have much to say cept I'll be glad to get there albeit with a deal less value than I'd hoped for. Ghostzapper and St Liam were not even on my radar back then.

In the F&M, I bet Yesterday at 20/1 after Aidan said she was probably going. She was 3rd at S.Anita last year but the extra furlong for this years race will be a big bonus. She was at deaths door in the spring so has only run twice this season, so she is maybe one run short, though I hope not. The downside is I'd expected Ouija Board to have been pulled out which never happened, though it still might. Barring Ouija the race looks a quite weak and open. I'd've preferred Nebraska Tornado to have gone for the mile, which in turn might have stopped me placing a silly bet.

In the Mile, I've bet Artie Schiller at 20/1. I know nothing at all about him bar the hype. The european turf miling elite wont be there and of whats left I didn't like. Six Perfections has been formless this year, Cacique is nothing better than G2, Whipper probably the same unless he gets soft ground which I assume he wont. If Artie was all shilling, I'd expect some decent North American G1 to win this, although I know not what.

I've no bet as yet in the Turf and it'll probably stay that way. Kittens Joy looks very solid from here. I do want to take him on though but with one horse and one alone - Mubtaker. Ought to have run in the Arc IMO, may go to Woodbine or the Champion Stakes instead but hope Sheikh Hamdan sees sense and gives him his chance at Lone Star.

For the future, I hope Kittens Joy comes to europe next year to plunder some prizes. Also looking forward to seeing what happens to the Wm Mott filly, I forget the name, Giants Causeway - Urban Sea. If she lives up to that breeding, ouch!

Subject Written By Posted
Breeder's Cup (664 Views) jimbo66 10/12/2004 06:53PM
Re: Breeder's Cup (400 Views) jbelfior 10/13/2004 10:21AM
Re: Breeder's Cup (362 Views) STB 10/13/2004 05:37PM
Re: Breeder's Cup (426 Views) jimbo66 10/13/2004 07:45PM
Re: Breeder's Cup (406 Views) P.Eckhart 10/13/2004 11:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.