Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Psyching The Strategies (824 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 06:19AM

This Board certainly is interesting and entertaining this time of year. Since I play the Australian and Asian tracks at night I have time for creative thinking late at night, early in the morning.

Today I have decided to comment on some of the boards most prolific and colorful posters. As a handicapper I will endeavor to psyche out there derby strategy and qualities that endear them to me.

No offense is meant and hopefully I get a few winners.

[b]TGJB[/b] - Our valued host. The method man. My guess TGJB relishes a derby with many contenders. The more uncertainty the more demand for his product. However that is not a fact, because the study is yet to be done and the data source is too small a sample to be meaningful. Eclectic musical tastes, concise, has a short list of derby contenders comprised of big figure horses with good race spacing sees contenders holistically. Will be trying to take down horizontals.

[b]CovelJ70[/b] - An owner, definitely a celebrity, somewhat of a kool aid drinker, a Wall Streeter with family values, great social skills and a master salesman, masquerading as an analyst. While he entertains and talks a good game his essential strategy appears to be inside information. Go figure! He depends on the fundamentals and expert opinions. Value conscious, committed to his opinions will be looking to couple some pricey horses with his key Wicked Strong in the verticals. Insurance play Wicked Strong with the obvious figure horses in the pic threes and pick fours.

[b]Miff[/b] - A black and white kinda personality. Astute and relies on facts has little use for speculation. An industry expert of sorts. Really knows the NY scene. He's a bit of an enigma sometimes its hard to know when his sarcasm is wit or insult. I believe his strategy will be to keep it super simple. The Oaks Derby double with the Assmussen filly to a couple of Derby possibles. Probably doesn't play into the parimutuel pools. May pass derby (as he's said) and slam this post.

[b]Jimbo66[/b] - Very comprehensive approach. Considers speed, trip, pace, pattern, breeding and looks for subtle clues ignored by others that may signal peak effort is coming. His interest in SamRaat is probably a price performance thing. A proven performer @ double digit odds? As long as he trains well up to the derby. Since he is getting a price with SamRaat he can spread in various directions. I can often relate to Jimbo because he sometimes stays up late and thinks Midnight Hawk is a miler. Watches races and incorporates on track appearance into his opinions.

[b]Ritchiebee[/b] - Great sense of humor and all star contributor. I'm guessing Ritchie will be playing a trio possibly a quartet of stamina oriented derby contenders and looking to take down the pic 4. I like the strategy he's sure to get some prices and a big score if one of his get there first. He's due and I wish him good luck.

[b]Treadhead[/b] - I believe one of the pace oriented contributors here, and, as such, a believer in the symmetry of pace and speed. This idea leads him to question or doubt some #'s even though a TG purist at heart. Has little patience with those unaware of the nuances which guide his decision making. His strategy will be to key on a small group of contenders which have in common a justifiable poor effort. I'm guessing win bets on those.

[b]AJKreider[/b] - I regard this gentleman as a master of local knowledge. Earlier this year he helped me with some obvious track biases. So I don't expect him to be backing Vicars In Charge maybe Intense Holiday and another whose name I'd like to know. Probably win bet(s).

Well Sunrise is about here and my eyes are blurring and my typing is slurred. I'll leave you all to figure out Bafferts next move? How could they take down Rosie?

Bottom Line I simply want to acknowledge some and thank all of the individuals whose contributions make this board the special place it is!

Subject Written By Posted
Psyching The Strategies (824 Views) Tavasco 04/27/2014 06:19AM
Re: Psyching The Strategies (591 Views) jimbo66 04/27/2014 11:12AM
Re: Psyching The Strategies (528 Views) TreadHead 04/27/2014 01:17PM
Re: Psyching The Strategies (503 Views) Tavasco 04/28/2014 04:23AM
Re: Psyching The Strategies (513 Views) Tavasco 04/28/2014 04:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.