Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Derby Watch (372 Views)
Posted by: gvido (IP Logged)
Date: February 11, 2005 05:11PM

1. Rockport Harbor - Ran through injury, ran fast, reportedly improving by leaps and bounds, (always cynical there), Only knock is appears at a glance to be a little lite on the dam side.
Toss. They're going to attempt to win it off two preps. They're skipping the Southwest. I never like a sudden change in plans for these.

2. Afleet Alex - Ran a huge Breeders Cup Juvenile and was probably best (Maybe I should discount him on that), Was fast, probably fast enough to win some of the races coming up even if he doesn't improve. Knock is probably long distance breedings. Full brother "Unforgettable Max" is sprinty.
Another toss. These connections also trying to win off two preps. Last to do it: Sunny's Halo in 1983, before that the early 1900's.

3. Galloping Grocer - If Rockport is number 1, this guy can't be far behind. Big test shortly for him.
Toss. Another Ny bred gelding? Once in a lifetime, LOL If memory serves AP Jet has been throwing cheap sprinters

4. Going Wild - Was visually impressive in fighting back in the Sham. Moves to the fore of the Lukas bunch on that effort and his breeding.
Another toss. Winning the Sham isn't the road to the Roses Tho Frankel still believes Empire Faker was the best hoss

5. DeClan's Moon - I've decided I like Golden Missiles and this one moves up despite being the Juvenile Champ. (Whoops, hes a Malibu Moon, still makes him an A.p.Indy grandson, so thats ok)
Another toss. Only two preps on the schedule, ain't gonna happen

6. Wilco - Still worried about his dam side, but I'll forgive him the quarter crack Hollywood Futurity. A missed start or physical setback and he's off the list
Same as above toss. Two preps just aren't enough, though Wilco has a better foundation as a 2yo than most who have tried.

7. Closing Arguement - Looks sprint bred and saved some ground last, but the race time looks good to me and he was running best of them at the end.
Toss. Only 10pts in the dosage profile minimum 16 needed to get the job done.

8. Straight Line - But haven't heard from him, he may be injured. I don't know whats going on.

I'm rooting for ol' Harvey Vanier. But a two month vacation [no wks] isn't the ticket to the Roses. He's working kinda slow 4f's at GP Toss I reckon.

9. Giacomo - Last race was off freshening and he conceded multiple lengths on wide, but still you were left with a hanging horse at the end. One more race for final evaluation.
I always wonder why these people waste efforts in non graded affairs. Expensive pony. The late pace for the Sham rather pedestrian, Toss.

10. Iced Out - Cheapy running in the Risen Star. Pace Style is worrisome. Big race for the Bubble horses.
Bred grass top and bottom.

Honorable Mention: Papi Chullo, Consolidator, Spanish Chestnut, Sun King, Greater Good

CtC
Chuckie Baby:
Not dissing your list, just pointing out their weaknesses. Be back later with my own.

Later

May they all come home safely!

Subject Written By Posted
Derby Watch (672 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 02/10/2005 11:37AM
Re: Derby Watch (391 Views) NoCarolinaTony 02/11/2005 12:43PM
Re: Derby Watch (370 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 02/11/2005 04:46PM
Re: Derby Watch (367 Views) NoCarolinaTony 02/11/2005 11:09PM
Re: Derby Watch (372 Views) gvido 02/11/2005 05:11PM
Re: Derby Watch (416 Views) TGJB 02/11/2005 05:18PM
Re: Derby Watch (398 Views) 02/11/2005 07:20PM
Re: Derby Watch (409 Views) Kasept 02/11/2005 08:56PM
Re: Derby Watch (380 Views) jbelfior 02/16/2005 11:03AM
Re: Derby Watch (383 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 02/11/2005 05:58PM
Re: Derby Watch (365 Views) NoCarolinaTony 02/11/2005 11:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.