Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Deletion (604 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2006 07:07PM

TGJB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CTC-- I deleted those posts because they were
> obnoxious and had no other content. Knock it off.
> And knock off the unnecessary obnoxious
> charaterizations, even if there is content on the
> post. It annoys me, it annoys others, and I'm
> going to be deleting the posts when I see them.
> The whole posts.
>

Jerry, maybe I have been over-animated over it. I am genuinely excited about this Derby. Nothing unusal, I always get excited about the Derby. But, I'm not the one changing my mind on this. Andy Beyer is, and he's changing it after I point out that he's got a problem. It's not me saying "Wow Beyer waffled again" after he makes the correction. I'm saying he got it wrong and then he "corrects". It's tantamount to the fan writing the coach and saying "Depite all your game film and scouts and coordinators you blew it coach." and the coach admitting he did blow it. Different scenario entirely from saying "The coach lost that game, with no commentary from the coach".

Now, some of those guys second guessing the Coach could have out coached the coach. Just being in the Coaches seat doesn't mean the coach can coach well in the big games. Wood Day is a big game and when a coach can't win the big one its time for a new coach. Its why I don't use Beyers. I now use the one you think is flawed but I modify them with some of your considerations and some others I won't belabor here.

As far as comparing Beyer to Parcells all I can say is "What has Parcells done lately?" From my perspective he's been living off his Giant's reputation. I wouldn't hire him now and I don't use Beyer. The game has left them both.

I understand not wanting to discuss proprietary data. Thats fine, no issue thats exclusively your call. With luck we'll find out after the fact anyway and if I'm wrong I'll say so. That was a fast Wood. The track was slow and they ran very fast early. Maybe miff needs to know when a single two turn race is on the card it can lead to some very odd results due to lack of uniformity respecting each of the two turns. Miff's position is "Slow Wood, Bob and John has been slow, however, he may hit the board anyway." My position is "He's fast and he'll be there with a pair. Leave him out at your peril."

Its hard enough to pick the winner of the Derby with accurate 9-pole figures. Start fudging those figures up and you may as well throw darts blindfolded. Thats why I'm animated and irked. Despite the yucks, this aint the Circus.

Subject Written By Posted
Deletion (936 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 04/11/2006 08:35PM
Re: Deletion (653 Views) marcus 04/11/2006 09:00PM
Re: Deletion (644 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 04/11/2006 11:40PM
Re: Deletion (594 Views) miff 04/12/2006 09:58AM
Re: Deletion (669 Views) TGJB 04/12/2006 01:41PM
Re: Deletion (638 Views) miff 04/12/2006 03:02PM
Re: Deletion (584 Views) Boscar Obarra 04/12/2006 04:44PM
Re: Deletion (598 Views) TGJB 04/12/2006 06:01PM
Re: Deletion (550 Views) miff 04/12/2006 06:32PM
Re: Deletion (604 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 04/12/2006 07:07PM
Re: Deletion (567 Views) miff 04/12/2006 07:23PM
Re: Deletion (561 Views) SoCalMan2 04/13/2006 06:26AM
Re: Deletion (521 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 04/13/2006 08:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.