Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Stephen Foster, Bob and John (783 Views)
Posted by: richiebee (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2006 04:35AM

Last week at about this time I pondered the late running Jazil, and how a case could be made that there were some similarities between that K-Mac runner and last year's Derby winner.

I prefaced the post by relating that I was listening to George Harrison at the time I was posting. Frequent poster MO seemed to be searching for some connection between Jazil and GH; there was none. When MO questioned me about the post, I unleashed an uncharacteristic personal attack, which I now apologize for.

At the risk of once again running afoul of the musical people who frequent this board, I pose the following question: Was there ever a greater "One Hit Wonder" than Stephen Foster, who wrote the words to "My Old Kentucky Home"? Please give me $10 dollars for every time someone mentions getting misty eyed when they play this piece of crap. When the IRS taps on your shoulder, or your wife finds
where your cash is hidden, then you can tell me about misty eyed.

My gang of four remains the same-- SNS, B and J, Point D and Jazil. The latter 3 have already been covered offshore. They all seem to be working well up to the race, and as NCT points out, Baffert has relocated his mojo.

What concerns me most about SNS is the fact that he has beaten little if anything in the races he has won; the true indication of his quality may have been his wide and gutty 3rd place finish in the Gotham. I am impressed by the manner in which he won the Ill Derby, but right now am not at all impressed with the second and third place finishers in that race. Mr Triester, who is a non- winner of 2 lifetime, was beaten in the Derby Trial by another NW2LT, Baffert's Record. And by the way, the Desormeaux nosheaux sidesheaux was way overplayed
by some posters on this board.

(Since "Derby Trial" is now pretty much a misnomer, they need to re-name the race. Suggestions: Lindbergh Trial, Nuremburg Trial, OJ Trial).

As TGJB noted, SNS is hovering offshore at 6/1. Bob and John is currently at 12/1. Considering the historical and recent success of horses exiting the Wood, and the fact that Baffert can seemingly do no wrong, the revised Richiebee Derby Top Ten is:

1) B and J
2) SNS
3) Point D
4) Jazil

Subject Written By Posted
Stephen Foster, Bob and John (783 Views) richiebee 05/01/2006 04:35AM
Re: Stephen Foster, Bob and John (564 Views) Bally Ache 05/01/2006 06:48AM
Re: Stephen Foster, Bob and John (469 Views) RICH 05/01/2006 09:19AM
Addendum (515 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 05/01/2006 04:59PM
Re: Addendum-GET A LIFE! (437 Views) high roller 05/01/2006 05:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.