Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: What is the best off track wagering co. to use from home? (568 Views)
Posted by: Michael D. (IP Logged)
Date: June 28, 2006 11:26AM

1st,

youbet.com

customers service - i have had minor problems in the past, and i know people who have had major problems. i must say though, i have not had an issue in over a year. overall, not great, but it's better than calling your bank. others might say it sucks.

cost - bet a few hundred a month, and you get everything free.

rebates - they have a small program. if you bet big amounts, you get better value elsewhere.

regulations - none i think. opening an account is a hassle, as you need to provide quite a bit of info. i think that's standard for the industry though.

product - there is no better product. the feed is as good as technology permits (very good imo). they have just about every track (including the big euro, hk, japan, dubai, and aus races). you can watch two races at once. the replay center is excellent. the internet betting system is perfect. the funds transfer system is good; after a short period of no credit issues, you can transfer funds from your checking account to your betting account with no delay. there is a delay of a few days when you transfer money out, i think that's standard though.

betting over the phone is an issue with youbet. i had a few problems when i first started, and i know others who have had issues as well. the system is all automated, you are not talking to a human. when betting big amounts, and trying to get bets in at the last second, you might not feel comfortable using this system. i do not use it.

i also have xpressbet. i don't fund it because they don't have live feeds from many of the tracks. the system looks pretty good though. on big days, i keep two youbet screens and one expressbet screen up, watch three at once.

my father uses winticket. he bets over the phone (with a human), and has no problems. the video feed is not as reliable as youbet's. do not use winticket unless you have a very strong internet connection.

i recommend youbet. you are going to have technical issues for the first few months as you learn the system, but once you get used to it, you will find this is a great way to watch and bet on horse races, as long as you place your bets over the internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2006 11:58AM by Michael D..

Subject Written By Posted
What is the best off track wagering co. to use from home? (810 Views) 1st time lasix 06/28/2006 10:35AM
Re: What is the best off track wagering co. to use from home? (621 Views) asfufh 06/28/2006 10:54AM
Re: What is the best off track wagering co. to use from home? (568 Views) Michael D. 06/28/2006 11:26AM
Re: What is the best off track wagering co. to use from home? (543 Views) colt 06/28/2006 08:34PM
Re: What is the best off track wagering co. to use from home? (601 Views) bobphilo 06/28/2006 12:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.