Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Travers Rundown (888 Views)
Posted by: curly (IP Logged)
Date: August 25, 2006 07:16PM

HesAnOldSalt - Paired up his top and has developed finally from those 4s as a 2yo. Last time he paired top efforts it took several races to get back into top form. Il expect a slight regression off the pair and toss going the 1 and 1/4.

Minister's Bid - Dont really like horses running too fast too early but has run big numbers. That last 3 was in the slop so as long as its fast out there tommorow id say he comes back to a 0-2 effort. Must use underneath.

Dr Pleasure - Kinda like this one. After those 77days off he came back to his 2yo top which was good. And then paired again running in the slop. To me his best chance to move forward was last time out but has never run the slop before so i'll give em another try to bust through a new top (hopefully several points)on a fast track.

High Cotton - Has 7 weeks off the top effort and at best i say he pairs. Has a good chance to go back though several points. Kinda ify on him so i would use him lightly below.

Bernardini - Horse is a monster and hasn't shown anything wrong yet. Raced big in the slop last out and has 28 days off and races 2nd time off the short layoff. Trainer profile doesnt show a good percentage of horses that pair 2nd off the layoff so...I think he can race another top lets say neg 3.25?

Kip Deville - I think I could throw Marcus on my back and we can run this race and beat this animal. haha way too slow to be in here.

Bluegrass Cat - Has been bery consistent but is coming off two top efforts. Only has 20 days off now and i would def say he will regress a couple points. Looks like a good race for the owners though cause this is a short field with a a few slow horses..the horse should be able to get about 3rd place or so and with the million dollar purse thats still a nice payday....for them. Il use lightly just like high cotton.

Break down - This race kinda reminds me of the pacific classic.. looks like we can key the fastest horse Bernardini and still get nice prices for the ex/tri and supers. Il key Bernardini and play dr plesure and ministers bid for second in the exacta.. then part key the tri and super with those two in second then for third and forth (super) those two along with bg cat and high cotton. Good luck !!

Subject Written By Posted
Travers Rundown (888 Views) curly 08/25/2006 07:16PM
Re: Travers Rundown (632 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 08/25/2006 08:07PM
Re: Travers Rundown (550 Views) richiebee 08/25/2006 10:32PM
Re: Travers Rundown (609 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 08/25/2006 11:25PM
Re: Travers Rundown / Summers End (679 Views) marcus 08/26/2006 07:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.