Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
GP 8 - 1/19 - misplaced objection (676 Views)
Posted by: PapaChach (IP Logged)
Date: January 20, 2007 12:37PM

Haven't been playing of late, out of boredom yesterday I decided to pick a race to look at, settled on 8th @ GP yesterday, 5f turf nw1x 4&up.

Kind of keyed off of the #8 horse, who'd run a 6 off a layoff in a dirt sprint; the 6 was by far the best # in the race, and he was off a layoff again yesterday, and 2 good works. 1st time turf, mediocre trainer stats, but some turf blood, and he was 25-1. Played him to win, used him and fave (who admittedly looked good, if I remember right the thoro-pattern looked really good as well) in first two slots of tris, used the #s 2,3,9 in 3rd hole, also had the 8 w/fave in exacta, heavier w/fave on top.

The 3 made the lead with the 8 tracking most of the way, the fave tags both of them late, 3 hangs on for 2nd, I figure, tough luck, but that's why they call it gambling. Then there's an objection, they show the head on, looks to me like the 3 bore out pretty badly and interfered with the 8, I actually thought I had a better than 50-50 shot of getiing put up into the exacta and tri. But the objection arrow is pointed at the 6, who was outside all the trouble, which mystifies me. Then they announce the objection is disallowed, disappointing, but then, I have long stopped looking for logic or reason in steward's decisions, it's a crap shoot and what actually did or didn't happen often seems to have no bearing on the decision.

OK, to make a long story longer, when I look at the charts of the race this morning, I see a note that the rider of the 8 lodged an objection but objected against the wrong horse - he claimed against the winner, who was outside of him. Am wondering if this had any impact on the stewards - were they looking at the 6 and saying to themselves, what's the rider's beef here, while not noticing the 3 bearing out?

Anyway, was curious if anybody else had seen this and if so, what their thoughts were.

Subject Written By Posted
GP 8 - 1/19 - misplaced objection (676 Views) PapaChach 01/20/2007 12:37PM
Re: GP 8 - 1/19 - misplaced objection (435 Views) bobphilo 01/20/2007 04:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.