Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
I once Keyed a Wager upon Teuflesberg... (520 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2007 09:19PM

[size=large][color=#9900CC]high roller wrote:

>your correct silver charm, but do you need to know that at 7-5?[/color]

[b][size=large]First off, Street Sense will not be 7-5. If he’s not Odds On it will be a minor miracle.[/size][/b]

[color=#9900CC]Uncle Buck wrote:

>One thing that stands out to me after quickly glancing over that study is just how special both Smarty Jones and Bernardini were! The owners of those two caught lightning in a bottle that's for sure.[/color]

[b]The part of the study that appears a little thin pertains to Negative numbers run by Triple Crown Classic winners. Afleet Alex was a victim, but he bucked the trends as well, Smarty Jones likewise. Why might that be a factor? Triple Crown winners have traditionally been through the Grind and emerged as special horses in their class. Obviously Barbaro, a TC event winner, reinforces the study, but at a glance the Negative to Bounce angle in the TC Events is not absolute. Afleet Alex did get sick pre Derby and run on the heavy part of the Derby track late and Smarty Jones got involved in Belmont pace issues. Granted, they may have pulled those races off despite the adversity if they had not run so hard in their prior.

Congrats on the Derby win Buck, in elation one states it was easy, but in reflecting a couple days subsequent after reading, reviewing charts and video, one realizes the factors which developed to allow the fastest horse to win indicate it wasn’t nearly the Slam Dunk one thought it was and a little luck played a role. One must always be lucky in this game. Some things improve the prospects of luck. Good Figures are one of those things.

Regarding the ongoing love affair with TAP and the infatuation with Circular Way at least in the Preakness the odds should not be disqualifying. I’m guessing he will go off at about 6-1 and third or fourth choice, which is quite a change from the first 8 races of his career. Still, he may be sitting upon an 0-2 ( Tgraph says No to that) and a change of plans to now run him in 2 weeks with the prospects of Drug Testing looming, once again there has to be a degree of concern regarding his state of readiness. This is a small horse that took time post Louisana Derby and now they rush him right back. In his favor is that Circular Way does not run in the traditional manner of recent era Pletcher runners. He comes with a late run and it may be he’s not as medicated. Still, a very risky bet with first three finishers of the Derby here and looking like better horses irrespective of bounce. If Bounce or X is a factor why shouldn’t this one X to the moon? Because he will be higher odds?

Lastly, I believe I am now on 2nd or 3rd chance Double Secret Probation. It started with a statement of fact in which I used a Politically Incorrect Term. Fully understanding that I am not an insulated Jerry Falwell and that the hosts of this site need to be hospitable to all in the horse realm and that those I made comments about are certainly involved in that realm, I'll do my best to not let my personal biases impact the reputation of their concern. In my defense I would like to point out that I truly do like muslims and don't believe most of the falsehoods told about them.

The tolerant folks take what I say with a grain of salt. After all, I once keyed a wager upon Teuflesberg.[/b][size=large][/size][/size]

Subject Written By Posted
3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (988 Views) high roller 05/16/2007 10:31PM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (732 Views) RICH 05/17/2007 09:56AM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (626 Views) Silver Charm 05/17/2007 10:39AM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (598 Views) miff 05/17/2007 11:03AM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (604 Views) fkach 05/17/2007 02:53PM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (620 Views) flushedstraight 05/17/2007 11:07AM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (555 Views) high roller 05/17/2007 11:08AM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (525 Views) Uncle Buck 05/17/2007 06:06PM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (522 Views) miff 05/17/2007 06:18PM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (624 Views) TGJB 05/17/2007 06:38PM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (515 Views) miff 05/17/2007 06:47PM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (615 Views) TGJB 05/17/2007 07:14PM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (472 Views) miff 05/17/2007 07:18PM
Re: 3 YR OLD STUDY- SIMPLY BRILLIANT (487 Views) bobphilo 05/17/2007 07:35PM
I once Keyed a Wager upon Teuflesberg... (520 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 05/17/2007 09:19PM
Re: I once Keyed a Wager upon Teuflesberg... (496 Views) NoCarolinaTony 05/17/2007 10:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.