Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: ROTW: Huge Pedigree? (791 Views)
Posted by: Dan (IP Logged)
Date: August 31, 2002 02:45AM

I have to respectfully disagree with your pedigree analysis. You really can't draw comparisons based on the race record of the sire; if you could Lil E Tee would be a better sire than Mr. Prospector. Pedigree of the sire wins out in the breeding shed which is why a horse like Silver Charm stands for much less than Coronado's Quest. However, in this case, we can actually just look at the sires record. Unbridled was a truly elite sire (Grindstone, Unbridled Song, Manistique, etc.) whereas Sea Hero failed and was sold to interests who currently stand him in Turkey. The only "big horse" he got was Desert Hero, who got that reputation based on one big race (beating a field which didn't turn out to be to spectacular) and never really repeated it before succumbing to EPM. Santa Catarina is not out of stakes winner but she is out of a Storm Cat mare whereas Sea Jewels out of a Stop The Music mare which isn't bad but isn't great. Again, pedigree beats race record. The bottom line: Sea Jewel has a nice pedigree, Santa Catarina has a huge pedigree. I think she'll be tough to beat but I think Mac Melody deserves some consideration just cause Hess is very good with his first out Europeans and I don't know how much SC beat last time. She got beat pretty good by Voodoo's Sister who is a nice filly for Nick Canani but who got beat bad by Buffy last time (both fillies had excuses, Voodoo stumbled and SC was steadied) but I still think SC has to prove she belongs in this class. Good luck.

Subject Written By Posted
ROTW: Huge Pedigree? (1314 Views) Mall 08/31/2002 12:44AM
Re: ROTW: Huge Pedigree? (791 Views) Dan 08/31/2002 02:45AM
Re: ROTW: Huge Pedigree? (763 Views) Mall 08/31/2002 04:33AM
Re: ROTW: Huge Pedigree? (843 Views) Dan 08/31/2002 06:03AM
Re: ROTW: Huge Pedigree? (852 Views) Michael D. 08/31/2002 11:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.