Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Girl gossip (699 Views)
Posted by: stillinger (IP Logged)
Date: September 25, 2007 10:51PM

Girl:
We were talking about "KNOWING" and I was saying it takes both sides of one's computer to KNOW THAT YOU KNOW. If I didn't say that, I meant to. There is a mare in the third Wednesday that illustrates to me this point, and I mean to share it in a meaningful way.

Altesse's dam is a mare that raced under Shug's tutelage, a Storm Cat that came with obviously high expectations, from an Alydar mare. I followed her because I am a fan of that barn, and at the time, that sire, and I am in the Race Book already, so why wouldn't I watch? It only takes a minute or two and I am here anyway.

To keep it short, she didn't finish. Shug stayed with her. One day I looked up, wondering what her deal could possibly be, knowing he was still trying with her, and watching horses race is my first or second favorite thing in the world to do, depending the hour of the day. You have to eat and sleep! AND BAM.

She pressed a fast horse around a one turn mile and looked just like a horse. Now I KNOW she is NEW. Later, I hear in English and see with my own eyes, Jan interview him, and he states that the filly has had a "throat operation". Nice, I am glad for her, and her connections, none of whom I know personally, because I am a fan.

Comes the Go For Wand, and she draws outside of Escena, another mare I like, because in FL, when she was 3yo,I decided she could win the Fantasy and she did, and while watching her career and her very closely, I convinced myself that she is best at 8.5, not 9f (in spite of a BC win at the latter distance mind you) and I think if she has a hole in her game, it's her first fraction, so she would be best pressing from outside at one mile, and a sixteenth, and if she has to leave, it hurts her chances.

OK, a $26.00 winner, but this is my msg:

How much do you think I would have bet if I had Jerry's fig from the one turn mile? If I would have, I would have known I KNEW, no matter what her figure was. This is how you know you know. And why you should study or watch a little. First you can KNOW, but to get back there, you have to have left postits, or peanuts, or have a flashlight. I was talking to the wrong person that day, and usually it takes 2 points of reference to KNOW.

(I always feel a little bad when foals don't really flatter their dams, as this one today really hasn't, but she tries)

Subject Written By Posted
Girl gossip (699 Views) stillinger 09/25/2007 10:51PM
Re: Girl gossip (379 Views) girly 09/26/2007 08:52AM
Re: Girl gossip (390 Views) Sandie 09/26/2007 10:01AM
Re: Girl gossip (392 Views) stillinger 09/26/2007 02:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.