Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Two Birds. One Stone. (792 Views)
Posted by: HP (IP Logged)
Date: October 14, 2002 10:26PM

Mall,

I would agree that you can go 'bounce crazy' and there are plenty of times that the anticipated bounce does not materialize.

However, even if you are right and the horse doesn't bounce, doesn't the previous big effort kill your price? I remember having this debate with Chuckles (not to put you on the same level). He kept saying Lemon Drop Kid would keep running holes in the wind after three negative numbers. Even if he was right (and he wasn't), Lemon Drop Kid was too short a price and too inviting a target as a 'bet against'. If he doesn't bounce you get your $4.00. If the bounce doesn't materialize and you get 6-1 that's a different story. Maybe you hit a lot of cold exactas with those 2-1 shots on top. There are lots of variables.

What are your results? If you tell me how to get prices on this 'anti-bounce' thing I'd love to hear it. In the meantime, I think David is right and I still see the public overbetting the last race often enough to make some hay, your points notwithstanding. Maybe it would be better to try to precisely determine where the bounce is more likely than not. Of course, there will always be exceptions and arguments. Some specifics would be great, and I won't rip you for not posting them ahead of time if you want to cite past history. HP

Subject Written By Posted
Two Birds. One Stone. (1365 Views) Mall 10/14/2002 10:04PM
Re: Two Birds. One Stone. (792 Views) HP 10/14/2002 10:26PM
Re: Two Birds. One Stone. (859 Views) Mall 10/14/2002 11:31PM
Re: Two Birds. One Stone. (816 Views) HP 10/15/2002 12:36AM
Re: Two Birds. One Stone. (850 Views) David G. Patent 10/15/2002 05:36AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.