Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: X-Spensive ROTW? (716 Views)
Posted by: Michael D. (IP Logged)
Date: March 30, 2003 11:45AM

I had never heard of Sunland Park before Thursday, and the Syracuse game comes before horse racing today, but I will join Chris here and take a shot:

1. Winning Fans: contender from the one hole, but after losing ground in the stretch in all four of his US races, I will not use him

2. Apalachian Thunder: scares me, but looks a bit slow here. I will use him from post two, but not on top.

3. Mr. Decatur: the best trip horse here. seems to be able to rate a bit, and gets a nice post. #'s are competitive. use in exactas and trifectas.

4. Sum Trick: fast horse, but ran the exact same race as Overflight in his second race, and Overflight has not failed at the longer distances yet (not tried yet, but at least not failed), so I guess you have to use Overflight over this guy.

5. Flarions Flame: nice claim for 12.5g... closer in a race filled with pace, but looks a touch slow.

6. Overflight: a guessing game here. odds may be too low at hometown track, but might be attractive if some of the other tracks have separate pools. can't help but notice the half in 44 flat after breaking slow in his first start. distance the obvious question, but with all the horses here looking shakey, I will take a shot with this guy on top (hope the Fappiano blood on the dam side carries him a bit).

7. Excessivepleasure: tough animal. decent #'s, no reason why he can't win. at low odds though, I will take a shot against him.

8. Spensive: I bet this one last time, thinking the son of sprinter Ponche would appreciate the cutback. I thought I had it won midway through the stretch, but the horse flattened a bit while running a rather slow last eighth. I will use this horse again, but would need 5-1 to key him, which is very unlikely.

Subject Written By Posted
X-Spensive ROTW? (1087 Views) derby1592 03/30/2003 01:41AM
Re: X-Spensive ROTW? (716 Views) Michael D. 03/30/2003 11:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.