Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: The "Golden Preakness Pattern" (618 Views)
Posted by: derby1592 (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2003 12:19AM

I expected that question because that is exactly the question that I asked myself. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer. I am assuming that FC ran a big new top in the Preakness so the most interesting question is how did Tabasco Cat, Real Quiet and Charismatic do in the Belmont since those are the three that also jumped off the golden pattern in the Preakness (Timber Country did not run in the Belmont).

Maybe TGJB can answer that one.

I am pretty sure that Tabasco Cat and Real Quiet probably at least paired-up since they both ran big races in the Belmont. Charismatic probably regressed although he did not run that badly despite breaking down at the wire.

You have to figure that FC has a good shot at the Triple Crown. I am guessing that his last was somewhere between -1.5 and -0.5 which means he is fastest going in and still has a fairly solid line and also has history on his "cide." (If he ran an even faster figure in the Preakness, then the line is obviously more suspect but at the same time he could regress and still win). He also has a tactical edge on all the other major contenders in that they will likly have to give ground and pass him in the stretch to win and the Belmont is typically a very tactical race. Finally, you know he can handle an off track and he has already shown an affinity for the Belmont surface and it is his home field.

I don't think Funny Cide will be a good bet at the likely odds but I do think he has a pretty good shot at earning a big bonus for his connections.

Either way, it should be a great Belmont and perhaps a historic one and certainly a fun day for racing fans in general.

Cheers.

Chris

Post Edited (05-21-03 00:50)

Subject Written By Posted
The "Golden Preakness Pattern" (1035 Views) derby1592 05/20/2003 05:56PM
Re: The "Golden Preakness Pattern" (685 Views) mholbert 05/20/2003 08:49PM
Re: The "Golden Preakness Pattern" (618 Views) derby1592 05/21/2003 12:19AM
Re: The "Golden Preakness Pattern" (595 Views) Silver Charm 05/21/2003 03:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.