Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (665 Views)
Posted by: dpatent (IP Logged)
Date: June 05, 2003 07:33PM

Title: "Let's Clear This Up"
Posted: 5-18-03 at 10:53:46

Complete Text:

For anyone tempted to believe that Brown 'gave out' winning tickets in the Preakness, below is his analysis -- verbatim -- of that race.

Note that if you bet along with this you would have cashed exactly $0 worth of tix. Oh, and for the poster on TG who wondered 'who' the analyst was and why he said these silly things (after the fact, of course), nice try. If you guys are going to take credit for the wins, you need to take responsibility for the losses. The analysis is not signed and there is no disclaimer from Brown. It is his product and he needs to stand behind it.

Now I have criticized Friedman in the past on his reads and I have said over and over again that anyone who bets based on what either Friedman or Brown says deserves the heavy losses that they are sure to incur; but please TG posters, be honest when you tout your tout. We can all look this stuff up.

"Funny Cide drew a bad post, and shouldn’t get the dream trip he got in the Derby. Peace Rules is better on his best anyway, and should get a much better trip—he’s at least even money to win the race. Midway Road’s last was excellent, and he doesn’t have to bounce. The livest ones to use underneath are Cherokee’s Boy, Kissin Saint, and Ten Cents A Shine. Midway Road to Win at 8-1 or more, big exacta under
Peace Rules. Trifectas Peace Rules Over Cherokee’s Boy, Kissin Saint, Ten Cents A Shine, Midway Road. B+.
Pick 4’s—Races 9, 10, 11,12—Sky Soldier, During with Del Mar Show with Full Brush, Tempest Fugit, P Day with Midway Road, Peace Rules. Double up with P Day, Triple Up with Peace Rules. A."

Posts on this Site:

re: Hey David Patent
Author: dpatent
Date: 05-19-03 15:38

Jerry,

I'm not biting. Sorry.

My post speaks for itself and has nothing to do with comparing your analysis to Friedman's analysis (I posted my own response to his analysis prior to the Preakness, which also speaks for itself).

My post dealt specifically with two disingenuous comments that your boosters posted on the Ragozin site. I simply cut and pasted, verbatim, the analysis and betting strategy posted on this site to clarify exactly what the results would have been for somebody wagering according to the recommendations given. Again, anybody who follows either or Len's or TG's 'picks' deserves their fate.

Glad you did o.k. I did a little better than o.k. but not much more.

AND. . .

Re: Hey David Patent
Author: dpatent
Date: 05-19-03 16:13

Jerry,

Briefly. I did not say that I 'just' posted your analysis. I said I posted your analysis. Of course I had comments of my own, which were completely fact-based.

These were the two posts from Midway Road TG on May 17, 2003 at 22:34:44:

"Like who cares about your personal vendetta against JB? And typical of you badmouthing him when his analysis made Midway Road his key."

And by: Brant-o-rama on May 17, 2003 at 23:03:19

"He singled out Midway Road as a win bet at 8-1 or more in his analysis product.
And don't forget the $123 horse they gave out with the 2nd and 3rd place finishers at Belmont on Friday."

Notice what these posters do not say -- i.e. that MR was a key win bet but used only with PR in exacta -- and that is disingenuous because it leaves out crucial facts about the analysis -- which yielded a $0 return.

Your comment on the $1000 bet with Friedman does indeed remain unchallenged and will remain so -- at least from me. I'm not into defending a betting strategy based on either yours or Len's analysis.

Subject Written By Posted
First 3 Of 124 Questions (1135 Views) TGJB 06/05/2003 05:33PM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (647 Views) Marc At 06/05/2003 05:56PM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (673 Views) TGJB 06/05/2003 06:27PM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (636 Views) Marc At 06/06/2003 10:19AM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (629 Views) TGJB 06/06/2003 01:25PM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (647 Views) Marc At 06/09/2003 03:30PM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (615 Views) TGJB 06/09/2003 03:35PM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (622 Views) dpatent 06/05/2003 06:22PM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (657 Views) TGJB 06/05/2003 06:31PM
Re: First 3 Of 124 Questions (665 Views) dpatent 06/05/2003 07:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.