Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
I should probably take the high road... (1086 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: November 05, 2003 03:19PM

...and for the most part I will.

Friedman posted a real doozy on their site, and just a couple of quick comments. First, I have no idea who my "alter ego" is, but I guess Friedman now thinks I am posting under multiple names on my own site. This is right up there with Jake's statement that I was attacking myself on their site under other names so that I could respond, and Len, if you get someone who knows what they are doing over there they will be able to trace those posts and tell you I did not. If your guy doesn't know how, have him call Paul and he'll show him. Besides, simple logic will tell you I did not-- I said about a dozen times that if you deleted the attacks I would have no reason to respond on your board, and would not. Instead you created a new board, which has had the pleasant side effect of keeping most of the crackpots who were shooting at me from posting, since they now would be identifiable.

Second, we are big on full disclosure here, so everyone can go back and read my comments about Congaree in the back ROTWs (and a lot of other ROTW's which worked out very well, this being another example of you being a real stand-up guy and selecting one example after the fact of something where we put it on the line BEFORE the race), as well as the dialogue you refer to in our archives, and in fact all our data, which we put up daily in the Red Board Room for everyone to review. How about posting the sheets for Congaree and the rest of that NYRA mile, so everyone can draw their own conclusions about whether he had a "perfect circling pattern" that made him bettable at a short price in a race where he needed (I'm guessing on your figures as well) to run better than in any race he had run all year up to then, or whether he looked like a cripple on your sheets who had not returned to close to an incorrect top you had given him 18 months before.

As for that effort jumping to a DIFFERENT number 18 months later proving the accuracy of the Wood number, you can't be serious. Post it so everyone else can decide for themselves.

As to Baffert, as I said, he called up to yell at me when I made that post. He also called me up the day after pre-entries a couple of weeks ago to get my advice on whether to run in the Sprint or Classic (I advised the latter). My post at the time suggested Allday was treating his horses, Bob told me he was not, WHICH IS CHECKABLE, so I figured he was telling me the truth. On top of which, I've pointed fingers in subtle and not so subtle ways here on several occasions, and Bob is the only one to take issue with it, and on top of that I've known him since Real Quiet/Victory Gallop, and I tend to believe him.

On a related note, since you brought it up-- I think "kvelling" (purring, glowing) is the word for your reaction when Dashboard Drummer won a stake this Summer, in his first start after you gave the horse to Iwinski. Here's a thought-- how about posting sheets for all the horses Iwinski has started over the last 6 months so everyone can see what kind of numbers he has been getting relative to the trainers who had those horses before?

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
I should probably take the high road... (1086 Views) TGJB 11/05/2003 03:19PM
Re: I should probably take the high road... (634 Views) 11/05/2003 07:35PM
Re: I should probably take the high road... (626 Views) TGJB 11/05/2003 08:06PM
Re: I should probably take the high road... (587 Views) texasturfmaster 11/06/2003 10:38AM
Claiming Pars (740 Views) TGJB 11/06/2003 01:13PM
Re: Claiming Pars (667 Views) 11/06/2003 04:18PM
Re: Claiming Pars (728 Views) TGJB 11/06/2003 05:25PM
Re: Claiming Pars (560 Views) texasturfmaster 11/06/2003 05:05PM
Re: I should probably take the high road... (609 Views) Frank 11/06/2003 05:24PM
Re: I should probably take the high road... (581 Views) TGJB 11/06/2003 05:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.