Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Lanes End and Fla. Derby (521 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2004 06:28AM

No idea on the Lane's End, I haven't seen P.P's yet. I'm sure you understand that 1st race on FOY day was pedestrian. Not to say that means anything, but it was slow. Dashboard Drummer came out of that race (I take that back, he came out of the Champagne against Birdstone) and finished 3rd in the Swale beaten 5 lengths I believe. I bet Caiman in the Swale who finished gamely behind Birdstone in the FOY day race thinking he could get third or better. He didn't..lol Another horse that came out of that Birdstone FOY day race ran in the Florida Derby, Farnum Alley. He was beaten four lengths after going widest on the second turn. I thought he was moving best at the end, whether he could sustain it another eighth is the question.

I got a chance to watch the Florida Derby again. TCE never gave up and though he lost some ground to Friends Lake, I thought he was coming back at the very end. He was slightly steadied on the first turn, found room to the inside somewhere on the second turn, Bumped with Tapit, was momentarily not persevered with when Friends Lake angled in front of him and then finished well. Have to see if he progresses in his next race. A good Derby showing is gonna be an issue of the trip for him it seems.

Value Plus was impeded out of the gate. He may have been the pace setter but for the interference.

RTF had the bounce factor and he ran on the rail the whole way. It saved him ground, but I'm really not certain the rail was the best place to be. I'll check into that later.

Friends Lake does have a greyhound build and I noticed he runs with his head lower than most. I know Chief's Crown did, I think His daddy A.p. did too. TCE ain't bad looking either. I never got a good isolation on Tapit, but from what I did see he was a little blocky with a big rump. He looked like Rubiano to me. He was steadied a bit, not enough to make a difference but it cost him a length or so.

Post Edited (03-17-04 13:49)

Subject Written By Posted
Friends Lake (794 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 03/16/2004 08:51PM
Re: Friends Lake (577 Views) Michael D. 03/16/2004 09:12PM
Re: Friends Lake (532 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 03/16/2004 09:56PM
Re: Friends Lake (509 Views) Michael D. 03/16/2004 10:23PM
Re: Friends Lake (483 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 03/17/2004 04:57AM
Re: Friends Lake (585 Views) Michael D. 03/17/2004 05:40AM
Lanes End and Fla. Derby (521 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 03/17/2004 06:28AM
John Velazquez (503 Views) HP 03/17/2004 12:13PM
Re: John Velazquez (518 Views) Michael D. 03/17/2004 05:26PM
Re: Lanes End and Fla. Derby (456 Views) Michael D. 03/17/2004 05:36PM
Re: Friends Lake (446 Views) Kimmel Factor 03/17/2004 01:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.