Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: My thoughts for Breeders Cup Saturday races (880 Views)
Posted by: toppled (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2014 07:48PM

Here are my thoughts on the Fri & Sat cards for the races I think can be played. No race indicates I feel it's too tough

Friday.

4th: 1 Sawyer's Hill ,6 Enterprising & 11 Ring Weekend can't separate, using in DDs & P3s

5th: 11 Bahamian Squall strong choice fastest horse in race as long as 2nd choice 7 Declassify doesn't find his debut speed.

6th: 4 Commerative,7 War Envoy,1 Wet Sail very close, going all Euro

7th: 1 Goldencents single in all picks.

8th: Bombs Away! Going Lukas' #9 Lady Zuzu. In her last race this filly, 1/2 to Optimizer wanted to run another lap-that's how full of run she was. Afraid of 4 Lady Eli,6 Sivoliere, 2 Osaila & 3 Sunset Glow in that order.

9th: Looking for return to tops for 10 Untapable & 11 Close Hatches in that order

10th (Best Bet) 8 Toledo Eddie Horse for course, 4/5 @ SA, 3/3 @ 7f. If Ranulf was still trained by Baffert, I'd consider but Baffert off & the 8+ month layoff catapults 8 to standout status. His last 2 dirt #s are superior
to this field.

Saturday:

1st: 11 Stormy Liberal-already has a win on this course. 6 Not Enough Eddie-good Turf breeding for 1st turf race, 1 Cool Comfort fastest turf sprint #s going in. I assume 12 Faithful Creek will run in the Juvenile Turf with the scratch of #9in that race, but if he runs here instead he's my top choice.

2nd: 2 horse race 1 Acceptance & 2 Wake Up Nick in that order

3rd: 10 On the Backstreets-3 time winner on this course, 4 Velvet Mesquite 5 time course winner, 6 Richies Party Girl- 1 for one on course, 2/2 at distance.

4th: 11 Top Decile-A little bit of sentiment vote for the filly who saved my Saratoga meet, very weird trip dropping way back & then taking the lead mid-stretch before getting nailed at the wire in Kentucky, with a better ride, her 1st race # puts her in the thick of this. 2 Angela Renee my only other choice here.

6th 3 Stonetastic-ran huge at Saratoga then bounced in Ky, Drew raves from the clockers with local workout on 10/25, looking for return to top. 7 Judy the Beauty-likely favorite has been pointed for this race by Ward, 5 Artemis Agrotera ran as fast a top as the choice, also 2 races back.

8th-I'm eschewing the speed figures on this one. 8 Souper Colossal ran like a wild horse in his 10/27 workout. This horse has never been tested and will be overshadowed by horses with more loftier speed #s, but he's 3/3 including 2 easy stakes wins at Monmouth. The best value on the card because the numbers don't tell the story of this horse's class. 1 Calculator he's been getting beat by American Pharoah but shakes free of him here. In most years he'd be a solid play off his numbers, but he's only 4th fastest going in. 9 Carpe Diem-he could be any kind and his #s were earned on fast tracks. 12 & 13 ran huge in the slop & if they pair are a threat to run 1st and 2nd again.

9th: Going all Euro with 1 Telescope, 4 Brown Panther & 7 Flintshire in that order

11th:All Euro again, 5 Toronado, 9 Anodin & 4 Mustajeeb in that order.

12th: 2 Cigar Street -I liked him before he got to SA to get back to his top which is enough to beat these mostly younger horses. I like him even more now that clockers are raving about his appearance at SA. 6 Shared Belief is the main danger-undefeated horse is the only one I see with the ability to beat Cigar Street.

Subject Written By Posted
My thoughts for Breeders Cup Saturday races (1781 Views) covelj70 10/30/2014 08:07AM
Re: My thoughts for Breeders Cup Saturday races (757 Views) johnnym 10/30/2014 09:52AM
Question about Sweet Reason (779 Views) Agastache 10/30/2014 10:08AM
Re: Question about Sweet Reason (685 Views) milwmike 10/30/2014 11:27AM
Re: Question about Sweet Reason (651 Views) miff 10/30/2014 11:53AM
Re: Question about Sweet Reason (644 Views) justwin 10/30/2014 02:18PM
Re: My thoughts for Breeders Cup Saturday races (773 Views) Ill-bred 10/30/2014 07:44PM
Re: My thoughts for Breeders Cup Saturday races (880 Views) toppled 10/30/2014 07:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.