Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (678 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2015 06:22AM

While women's soccer may be considered, by some thrill seekers, equally as unexciting and amateurish as women's basketball. I saw a squad play China last night which played a game the likes of which I'd never seen women play.

In all fairness, the only game I had previously viewed was USA vs Japan in the last (I think) World Cup. That one was only frustrating and did not show the skills I saw last night. I've never watched a WNBA game I imagine they are as dull as most NBA games that don't involve the World Champion Warriors.

I will say that the women opened as a 5/2 favorite and at this point I wish I'd bet them. Alas, I bet horses where the skills, strategies and teamwork are more obtuse which leads me to this weeks ROTW.

Last week we were reminded that the fastest horse usually wins. Of course it didn't but, in my view, should have. I assume Tencendur was awarded the best TG #. When one used just a little imagination per analysis a nice exacta. Kudos, typically I employ too much imagination last week too little.

This week the lesson appears KISS. Moreno is the clear choice it is claimed. Distance is no question it is asserted, he ran huge at CT then bounced in his last so naturally he is back to his peak now and probably won't need it anyway. Further it is planned to use Majestic City for something. So I am confronted by my Achilles Heel imagination/delusion. I can see the analysis horses they are as plain as day. I suppose the m/l is a function of running second last out and is in fact a benefit. Certainly a Moreno win last out would make him short priced indeed.

In considering the opinion of those who study the fine line or is it the line fine I can be influenced by Batti Man's two recent good numbers or even Hard Aces big ole zero at the beginning of the year. The prices on those two looks to be seductive in that context. However perspective tells me I've already missed the opportunity on those two. I'm also a fan of Mulhall. I think she is a first rate horsewoman and maybe a soccer fan but I don't think she gets the top horses yet. Sadler is streaky and as such can be dangerous but he really didn't beat much of a field in La. and the # looks an aberration.

My hesitance. Moreno doesn't win at a high pct. He is a grade One winner and he has a top sheet but he's winless @ 1+1/4. I'll give you getting beat by a nose in the Travers by I'll Take Charge backs up the TG point that distance is not an issue. Moreno has gone off form previously, was CT a knock out? Probably not. I wish I knew what happened to him last fall.

Among other irrelevant considerations. Majestic City, another whose sheet looks good. But, has City Zip ever sired a 1+1/4 stakes winner. We've all seen the distance humble more than a couple of brilliant milers. Same argument with Dearchy & Motown Men who sure has upped his game recently.

So in the end, why has Baffert entered Hopportunity in this race? It's been pointed out his win pct sags on short rest. Further BB seemed to avoid SoCal races with the Hopper as a three y/o methinks his off the pace running style is not enhanced by the SA surface. If that is dead money as it seems, a nice gift. Yet maybe he doesn't regress? Same can be said about Catch a Flight. Maybe he's a durable one. If memory serves some of the previous Mandella imports were iron horses.

I'll take a stand against Majestic City, siding instead,lemming like, with the crowd, using the other two short priced horses and Finnegan's Wake in trifectas under Moreno. That's as imaginative as I can get in this race.

Subject Written By Posted
Fillies (845 Views) Tavasco 06/26/2015 09:31PM
Re: Fillies (623 Views) P-Dub 06/26/2015 10:11PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (678 Views) Tavasco 06/27/2015 06:22AM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (601 Views) Rick B. 06/27/2015 08:19AM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (504 Views) Bet Twice 06/27/2015 01:21PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (454 Views) Tavasco 06/27/2015 10:04PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (462 Views) ringato3 06/27/2015 10:10PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (477 Views) Tavasco 06/27/2015 10:57PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (613 Views) jbelfior 06/27/2015 08:27AM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (602 Views) miff 06/27/2015 08:42AM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (527 Views) P-Dub 06/27/2015 01:07PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (468 Views) P-Dub 06/27/2015 08:45PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (488 Views) P-Dub 06/27/2015 08:53PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (601 Views) Coronado98 06/27/2015 01:11PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (500 Views) ringato3 06/27/2015 10:05PM
Re: Filliy Soccer ---> ROTW (431 Views) Coronado98 06/28/2015 09:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.